News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 07, 2024, 12:18:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Interior color scheme ideas  (Read 10803 times)

Offline Draekon

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 22
Interior color scheme ideas
« on: March 02, 2011, 02:46:13 AM »
Most of my interior is faded due to sun exposure and age, so I'm trying to decide on how to color everything.  The car has a stock blue interior, but I'm thinking of going with a two tone color scheme.  Heres what I had in mind:

And then just to see what it looked like, I did green and black.  I love the color combo, but I don't think its right for this car.  Maybe one day...

Offline amc78concord

• If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk.
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 81
  • Second Place is the First Loser!
Re: Interior color scheme ideas
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 08:39:53 AM »
I like the blue, what would you use to color the door panels and so forth?
-Rob
Nekoosa, WI
-82 Eagle Limited Wagon (4.0 Head Swap, Holley 4bbl Carb, Headers, MSD Ignition with Team Rush Upgrade)
-82 Eagle SX/4
-83 Eagle Limited Wagon "Woody"
-84 Eagle Wagon
-85 Eagle Wagon
-Many Others... :amc:

:duck:

Click for Nekoosa, Wisconsin Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline thereverendbill

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 85
  • as seen on the internet
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 11:42:02 AM »
Wow! I love the way it looks in blue ....... I might be barrowing that scheme for the eagle that's on it's way to it's new home
1980 Eagle 2 door sedan (future solid axle swap)
1981 Eagle Kammback (restoration in progress)
1983 SX/4 SOLD
1983 Eagle Limited wagon  *For Sale* SOLD
1988 Jeep Comanche Pioneer (daily driver)
Click for YOUR TOWN, STATE Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

another amc forum
www.amcevolution.com

Offline Draekon

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 22
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 11:54:57 AM »
I like the blue, what would you use to color the door panels and so forth?

I haven't looked into what products will work yet.  I'm sure theres something out there for each part, just gotta find it ;)

Offline JayRamb

• ELLA THE EAGLE & EDWIN THE EAGLE
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 30
  • AMC passion for over 32 years. BIG advocate!
    • UPDATED!!  1967 Rambler Rebel weebly website
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 02:05:48 PM »
Big Bad Blue Interior!!
Jayson H.
Best HWY Mileage of 87 Eagle:  26.2 MPG

Believer in AMSOIL & Seafoam
1987 Garnet Red Eagle Wagon: 70,500 miles
1967 Rambler Rebel 4 Door 290 V8 (original family car) Marina Aqua 142K miles
1985 Eagle Wagon in Autumn Brown 74,800 miles as my daily driver
SOLD 1984 Black Eagle Limited w/Tach & gauge cluster: 245,100 miles SOLD

Offline doneagle

• A.M.C. EAGLES ARE EXSITEMENT
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 06:33:41 PM »
HI I like the blue and it is different .....wasn't DRAEKON a very large bird OR A Dragon............ :amc:.......Don
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

There are Eagles lovers and there are the uneducated and the best we can do
with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

Offline Draekon

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 22
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 07:13:17 PM »
HI I like the blue and it is different .....wasn't DRAEKON a very large bird OR A Dragon............ :amc:.......Don

I believe your thinking of a Drake, but very similar sounding.  Draekon is just an internet alias I've used for years and years now.  It doesnt have much meaning, just habit.

Offline MontanaEagle

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 11
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 09:01:52 PM »
I think the blue looks best.  I was thinking about doing a roll on bed liner in mine.  I'll take out all the faded carpet and put that stuff in.  It'll make it louder, but it'll make cleanup a lot easier.
1984 AMC Eagle Wagon (Soon to be for mountain fun times)
1997 Honda Civic (Daily driver in the winter)
2009 JM Star Scooter (Daily driver in the summer)
2010 Schwinn Hybrid Bike (Daily driver in Spring and Fall)

"It may be too early to drink scotch, but it's never too early to think about scotch"

Offline Draekon

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 22
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 10:11:28 PM »
I think the blue looks best.  I was thinking about doing a roll on bed liner in mine.  I'll take out all the faded carpet and put that stuff in.  It'll make it louder, but it'll make cleanup a lot easier.

You should consider laying down some liquid sound deadening first, and then the bed liner on top of that.  The sound deadener should help quiet things down and if you use the liquid stuff, the bed liner should still be able to bond with it (I think).

Offline doneagle

• A.M.C. EAGLES ARE EXSITEMENT
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 10:20:28 PM »
            HI  what I was referring to is draekon in the dragon slayers he was last dragon.real good show....... :amc:.........Don
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

There are Eagles lovers and there are the uneducated and the best we can do
with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2011, 01:05:24 AM »
I love both...I have always wanted to do white leather interior with black accents...but that dark blue looks really hot!
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline Draekon

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 22
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2011, 02:10:31 AM »
im with jayramb. BIG BAD BLUE EAGLE!!!! the door pannel might be easy to do, just find your blue material. take out that section of old, and put in the new blue. (maybe because i do some sewing ect and made seatcovers and door pannels it seems easier to me) if your door pannels are black now, you CANT get them a lighter color. unless there is something out there that will make the stuff white first, then you can take it to blue. that blue color really does look great. the green....  eh, that makes me almost want to get green to the face... lol. (i hate green myself anyway) are you repainting the outside also?? that blue/black would look cool if you did that same shade of blue on the outside, with the black sport trim. ;) then call it the big bad blue bird.....

I would love to repaint the outside also, but I won't have the money for that anytime soon.  And if I do get a nice sum of money that I can spend on my eagle, I'll probably upgrade the powertrain before repainting the exterior.
The interior is blue currently, and a light shade at that, so recoloring them shouldn't be too difficult.

I've always been curious on how to make door panels and seat coverings.  How do they get the creases/lines in them?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk