News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 10:30:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Just got an 82 Liftback  (Read 882 times)

Offline Mr_Roboto

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
Just got an 82 Liftback
« on: May 25, 2022, 10:19:30 PM »
I've been looking around for another project car and Wisconsin's kind of hard pickings overall. I've had a few cars in the past and consider my self a moderately experienced fabricator and builder so I wanted something that I could have fun building on a budget.

What I wound up with was an 82 Eagle I picked up off of Craigslist. It definitely has some SX4 parts with it (I have the tach gauges and the center console and a door) but I don't think that the car its self was an SX4. The 258 needs some work and was supposedly rebuilt by the previous owner with a Comp Cam in it of unknown spec. It's also been lowered and has an offy C-series intake (That's probably my first tech threads really) and unfortunately for me it's an 82 engine with 7/16 head bolts. It's also been lowered and had a lot of amateur body work done. The interior is real rough and needs some work but I think I'll get it driveable.

Initial plans include fixing the linkage for the carb/intake, enough body work to seal the metal up that's exposed and just driving around. It's got an aftermarket 500 CFM Carter AFB (before Edelbrock bought them) on it that looks brand new as well so I've gotta get linkage sorted.

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk