News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 29, 2024, 05:50:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Thoughts on this Eagle?  (Read 3210 times)

Offline TheBirdman

• huffs gear oil
  • Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 12
  • that noise? that ll go away.
Re: Thoughts on this Eagle?
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2021, 05:13:23 PM »
On second thought, you probably dont want my front hubs. I just get them torn down and they are awful. You can still have them, but dont count on them casue theyll need a rebuild too.
83 eagle wagon 4.0

Offline MIPS

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 44
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2021, 12:41:37 PM »
Has anyone yet torn apart the front hubs to actually say for yes or no if they can be rebuilt or are we still basing on older word of mouth here and the TSM?

Other than said wear on the bearings everywhere and a lot of old rubber in the seals, bushings and boots it looks like a solid eagle with no body rust and a lot of options. Just a LOT of miles on the odometer. At that price I'd head out with cash in hand and if you can verify the underside and suspension supports aren't rotted out you got a solid project car candidate.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 12:44:08 PM by MIPS »

Offline luckycamper

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2021, 08:20:33 PM »
Thank you guys for all the insight. Now I know quite a bit more about the hubs on these cars than before! I might not be checking it out this week anymore bc my gf’s check engine light just popped on so I have to address that first, as she’s my ride. I’ll update this post when I see it in person and try to fire it up!

Offline luckycamper

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2021, 08:33:51 PM »
On second thought, you probably dont want my front hubs. I just get them torn down and they are awful. You can still have them, but dont count on them casue theyll need a rebuild too.

Fair enough and thanks, I appreciate the offer regardless. Once I get a chance to get out there and chk it out I’ll have a better idea what the deal is.
Has anyone yet torn apart the front hubs to actually say for yes or no if they can be rebuilt or are we still basing on older word of mouth here and the TSM?

Other than said wear on the bearings everywhere and a lot of old rubber in the seals, bushings and boots it looks like a solid eagle with no body rust and a lot of options. Just a LOT of miles on the odometer. At that price I'd head out with cash in hand and if you can verify the underside and suspension supports aren't rotted out you got a solid project car candidate.

This is the plan!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk