News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 12, 2024, 03:12:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Liftgate wiring  (Read 2126 times)

Offline recomer

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 25
Liftgate wiring
« on: April 10, 2014, 01:41:26 PM »
Anyone have any pics of how the wiring for the rear wiper wiring and defroster runs. Is it all underneath the headliner or does it run down via one of the rear pillars? I dont want to start taking stuff apart before I know the path it follows.

Thanks.
83 Eagle Wagon

Offline Billman

• Lurking again
  • Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 17
Re: Liftgate wiring
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 08:52:23 PM »
The wires run down the passenger side on the floor. There is a yellow and a brown. Before you you dig all that out though, check the circuit breaker on the left side of the fuse box. There is a green wire with a white tracer that goes into the switch for the wiper. There is a light blue wire that runs on the drivers side also on the floor for the defroster. I have just disassembled my wagon and am planning to separate the wire set and have more knowledge at the ready.
1982 SX/4
1983 SX/4
1983 wagonProject
1984 wagon DD
1996 Jeep
2007  Caliber
2004 Silverado

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 213
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 10:43:12 PM »
The wires run down the passenger side on the floor. There is a yellow and a brown. Before you you dig all that out though, check the circuit breaker on the left side of the fuse box. There is a green wire with a white tracer that goes into the switch for the wiper. There is a light blue wire that runs on the drivers side also on the floor for the defroster. I have just disassembled my wagon and am planning to separate the wire set and have more knowledge at the ready.

I assume the wires for the defroster run up the rear pillar to the roof - when I've pulled rear hinges in the past the wires from the defroster are under the headliner on the passenger side.
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline Billman

• Lurking again
  • Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 17
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 11:02:04 AM »
Yep theyrun under the trunk and up through the pillar