News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 04, 2024, 12:33:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1980 sedan, owned for 17 years  (Read 2889 times)

Offline Einsteins Eagle

• Einstein's Eagle
  • Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 3
    • Youtube, spikedpunk
1980 sedan, owned for 17 years
« on: February 26, 2012, 07:53:15 PM »
Hello to the forum.  At the very least for now, a little about my 1980 Eagle sedan, named 'Einstein' after our departed dog, who in turn was named Einstein after the the 'Doc's in 'Back to the Future'.   Very much an Eagle connection there too.  The car has been named 'Einstein' for the reason being that Einstein and I did a lot of traveling in this car, of trips more then 400 miles each way, often in very inclement weather, once a week, to be with my ailing stepfather in another city.  And to mention the 'good' adventures as well we had in that car.   This car has been on and seen us through many adventures over the years.  For the first six or so years, the car saw 'round the year duty, the problem was, when it was purchased, it had some rust issues, which were patched in a not too decent fashion. So the chemicals used on the roads took a toll, and the car came close to being discarded.  Because of the attachment had with the car, this notion itself was nixed, and the car underwent major surgery.  Virtually every component on the car has been addressed, The engine was replaced, the transmission replaced with a 'lock-up' type from a later model, the axles swapped out with 2.35's to give decent mileage on the highway, and to give some 'oomph' back to the car because of the tall final drive gears, a 2-speed transfer case (NP229 I believe) from a late '80's Grand Wagoneer has been fitted.  The lace wheels are from a 1988 Cherokee, the tires 225/75R15 Michelins.  Tilt steering and air conditioning are also in place, and I do have a factory cruise control to be fitted hopefully sometime this spring.   It is really nice to see the following these cars have, I have not seen one on the road around here in Southern Ontario, even at shows, for several years save for 'Einstein'. I will have to subscribe to 'Photobucket' in the very near future to start posting pictures of the car, and some with Einstein himself in the pictures too.  But as a consolation, there are several movies on my Youtube channel, spikedpunk, featuring the car.  Simply go to the page, then do a search of 'Eagle', '1980 AMC Eagle' and 'AMC Eagle' in my videos section.  Thank you, Howie

Howie for Einstein's Eagle

1980 AMC Eagle 4-door sedan
1972 Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser
2001 Chevy Malibu LS
And a nest of Eagle parts cars!

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
Re: 1980 sedan, owned for 17 years
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 09:01:07 PM »
Very cool story behind your car! Cant wait to see pictures of it!....and Welcomel
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 10:12:07 PM »
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Prafeston

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 10:29:37 PM »
Wow...that Vista Cruiser is a beauty!!

633 videos! Dude that is insane! No wonder you said do a search for "AMC Eagle". I was thinking I'll just go to his videos and find the thumbnails of the Eagle, but I'm not looking through 30 pages of videos! :) I'm subbing to ya!

Love the sedan by the way. The black Eagles just look soo nice!

Oh and also what is the little circle on your grill?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 10:31:31 PM by Prafeston »

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 01:29:45 AM »
X2 that sedan is gorgeous
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

1988eagle

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 09:32:06 AM »
Hey, I was gonna ask if you were a member here.  Welcome.  I'm the guy with the black 2 door with the same wheels as you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk