News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 19, 2024, 12:09:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The 4th Annual 2011 AMC Eagle Nest Meet is now Underway!  (Read 41373 times)

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 77
  • Midwest AMC Eagle Sanctuary Game Warden
The 4th Annual 2011 AMC Eagle Nest Meet is now Underway!
« on: September 08, 2011, 05:13:06 PM »
So... let's divert all traffic here regarding the trip and pictures and everything else!

First off, Rich (rollguy) got here the other day and stayed the night. He then got tired of my cats so he took off the next day to see some family. On his way back, he met up with Sean (sleepsundercars) and got some good photos, maybe he can repost them here! Rich also swung through Chicago to pick up some parts for me and he has now made it back to my place. We've been sitting in silence and posting on the Nest ever since... funny, you're hanging out and still communicating the same way you do thousands and of miles apart... tell me what's wrong with that picture, LOL!

I didn't know Jim and Wondereagle made it here already. They've checked into the hotel and we've since spoken... apparently they were already stalking me this morning and scoping out the place while I was tucked away in bed. Everyone on the Nest knows that I don't budge before 9-10am, LOL! I'm suprised I didn't hear my dogs going crazy... I guess, I've learned to tune them out over the years.

So, I got in touch with Jim and he's on his way out here. I've also got another "future nester" on his way out. He's doing some work for me and I'm trading him an Eagle for it. I don't think he's much a computer nerd like us, but he will join and he will most-likely be in Cordova with us. He's getting that blue SX4 of mine. He's really really excited about it! His name is Mike and he's on his way out here now to load it up and take it to his place. Jim and WonderEagle will meet us at the same time and we'll hang out and shoot the stuff and get the car loaded and then maybe head to town to have some dinner and discuss plans for the rest of the Meet. I figure tomorrow, we'll get Jim's doors on. I was going to wait until Sunday, but they are leaving early that day... and besides, it makes more sense to do them early so that he has pretty doors for the car show in Cordova on Saturday!

So that's the quick recap of the last few days. Things are just getting under way. We have myself and 3 other Nesters here as well as a potential future Nester. I believe Rohnk and Carver are both on the way here.

More to come!
Its got style... its got class...
It goes the extra mile... and still kicks @ss.
Strength. Intelligence. Beauty.
The AMC Eagle
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
81' AMC Eagle Sx4 (My very first car, The Millennium Eagle)
82' AMC Eagle Sx4 Sport (Custom General Lee Style)
85' AMC Eagle Wagon Sport (My Daily Driver)
00' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (The Grocery Getter)
And a plethora of other parts cars, and future restoration projects:
80 Wagon, 82 Spirit, Two 83 SX4s, 84 Wagon, 85 Wagon and more!!

Offline Gil-SX4

• International Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 77
  • December-2003
Re: The 4th Annual 2011 AMC Eagle Nest Meet is now Underway!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 06:00:43 PM »
Mavericke  you sure are a early riser. Is it truer what they tell me that the sun rises in the east?
You all have a great time.
Rick Perry President of The Republic Of Texas,
Wants You.
Enlist in the Texas Arm Forces.

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands:
     one Nation under God, indivisible, With Liberty and Justice for all."

"Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one and indivisible."

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." --Thomas Jefferson

1983 AMC Eagle SX/4
1985 Chevrolet C-10 Silverado
1995 Ford Aspire
1978 Ford Bronco

Murphy's Law
"If there are two or more ways to do something, and one of those ways can result in a catastrophe, then someone will do it".

rohnk

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 07:16:54 PM »
I'll be on the way in the morning. I have to pick up my Highlander at the dealer in the morning and I'm off from there. The Eagle isn't coming with me unfortunately. Too much to do and not enough time I plan to stay someplace in the Quad cities area. Maybe LeClaire where the American Pickers guys are at. See you all tomorrow!

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 10:10:34 PM »
My car broke down last week and I had to get towed. It was a charging problem and I thought I had it fixed but it showed up again Monday. I dropped off my alternator to get rebuilt Tuesday and since it is a 140 amp unit, they had to order a high amp rectifier. It came in today and I picked up the alternator. Car is running again and packed. I'll be leaving in the morning and it's supposedly a 10 hour drive for me. So I'll be there 4ish. I brought my tent hoping to save a few beans, but the weather report calls for rain and I may have to get a motel if the weather is too bad. I was worried about the days of work I would miss but the boss said it is slow for a couple days and then we will be busy. So I will be able to work an extra couple days to make up for the lost time.  :hello2:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 10:13:25 PM by eaglefreek »
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline jim

• Thumbs Up 102
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 11:51:34 PM »
Well Carver is somewhere in Iowa. I took the Altoona turn off as the GPS said and then it told me to get back on the highway. Must have changed its mind. The heck with it there was an El cheapo Motel 6 right there on the right so I grabbed it. Course had to wend my way thru the truck parking area to find it. Jim, how bad is it to get into the Express parking lot? Goodness knows what the GPS will say ;D  I thought you were going to the Comfort Inn? Will try and find the Express and hope they have a room for two nights :-\  ark
The HI Express is somewhat tricky to find.  It's a block off Main on a one-block-long street named Washington.     Main is closed for construction in the middle of town.  The hotel is next to exit 48 off 74.  Michigan off Main will take you to Washington.
It may be full.  This was the only hotel in town that had a vacancy when we were booking; we usually try for Comfort Inn when we can.
This hotel number is (309)343-7100.
I'm right 98% of the time, and I don't care about the other 3%.
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people;
that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
--Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824. ME 16:45
What part of "shall not be infringed" do they not understand?
08 Impala
01 Yukon 4X4
(There's more to life than fuel mileage)
83 Eagle wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
88 Eagle white woody wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
86 wagon parts car
Click for Little Rock, AR Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline rollguy

• Turbo Diesel Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 84
  • Southern California
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 09:58:17 AM »
I hear that Mav and Jim have photos of last night, but I have not seen them yet.
1980 Eagle Turbodiesel Wagon (only 2 known to exist as of 2008)- 7-7-2011 Flight to it's new nest @ Rambler Ranch
1983 Eagle Wagon  Tan over Copper
1982 Eagle SX4 "ALTREGL"  (avatar photo)
1982 Eagle 4 Door Sedan  Copper over Satin Black
1985 Eagle Sport Wagon October 2007 ROTM (SOLD)
4 Biofuel powered Benzs ('98 E300, '82 300 CD, '82 300 TD (wagon), '80 240 D)
1983 GMC Van (6.2 Diesel)
1985 Mitsubishi pickup (2.3 Turbodiesel)

Offline rollguy

• Turbo Diesel Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 84
  • Southern California
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 10:15:10 AM »
Yesterday Jim, WonderEagle and I changed the rear passenger side door.  Jim chose a blue door from a bunch of doors out back, and we proceeded to change it.  The old doors are dented, and Jim felt it would be better to replace them with straight doors before getting the car painted. We decided to tackle the rear door first, as it would be easier.  We will maybe do the front one tomorrow.  Jim and WonderEagle:

We had to replace the latch, because the one in the replacement door was bad (rusted inside). 

The window was not attached to the track very well, so we ended up replacing the window as well:

So basically, the only thing we replaced was the door shell.  We used mostly all the other internal parts (regulator was good).
1980 Eagle Turbodiesel Wagon (only 2 known to exist as of 2008)- 7-7-2011 Flight to it's new nest @ Rambler Ranch

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 11:18:59 AM »
340 miles to go.
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

rohnk

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 11:40:05 AM »
250 miles to go

Offline rollguy

• Turbo Diesel Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 84
  • Southern California
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 12:15:57 PM »

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • Thumbs Up 77
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2011, 02:39:08 PM »
Mavericke  you sure are a early riser. Is it truer what they tell me that the sun rises in the east?
You all have a great time.

LOL, hey man... 9am is good for me! Considering I've worked nights most my life. I was actually up just before 8am today! Hoorah!

I'll be on the way in the morning. I have to pick up my Highlander at the dealer in the morning and I'm off from there. The Eagle isn't coming with me unfortunately. Too much to do and not enough time I plan to stay someplace in the Quad cities area. Maybe LeClaire where the American Pickers guys are at. See you all tomorrow!

Just remember, the QC is about an hour from the Sanctuary! Unless you just plan to meet us at Cordova.

My car broke down last week and I had to get towed. It was a charging problem and I thought I had it fixed but it showed up again Monday. I dropped off my alternator to get rebuilt Tuesday and since it is a 140 amp unit, they had to order a high amp rectifier. It came in today and I picked up the alternator. Car is running again and packed. I'll be leaving in the morning and it's supposedly a 10 hour drive for me. So I'll be there 4ish. I brought my tent hoping to save a few beans, but the weather report calls for rain and I may have to get a motel if the weather is too bad. I was worried about the days of work I would miss but the boss said it is slow for a couple days and then we will be busy. So I will be able to work an extra couple days to make up for the lost time.  :hello2:

Rich insists on sleeping in his car. Brandon was going to stay in the spare bedroom but he isn't coming, then it went to Sean and now he isn't coming so the room is open. There is no furniture so please bring a sleeping bag or something, but at least it's a warm room with a door. Also, we have a couch and a love seat and a huge loving room - enough for somone to crash on the floor there too. Just saying that if you or others need a place to sleep due to rain and money is an issue - you're more than welcome to stay in the laMavericke' Inn!

The AMC Eagle

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • Thumbs Up 77
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2011, 02:42:01 PM »
Ok, so here is the only picture I've snagged so far, lol... but it's a good one! We all went out for dinner last night and chose Applebee's! Thanks to Brandon for sending the sign!

More to come! Oh, and Carver just arrived!
The AMC Eagle

Offline Mavericke

• Event/Meet Coordinator
  • Thumbs Up 77
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2011, 05:20:50 PM »
So far so good! We're fixing Rich's radiator now and working on my front end. We got Jim's doors swapped out too.

Rohnk and Carver have arrived and it looks like another wagon is pulling in the driveway now!
The AMC Eagle

rohnk

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2011, 12:56:26 AM »
Sorry to cut out on you guys earlier! I needed to get checked into the hotel and settled. I also ran over to the Iowa 80 truck stop for a charger for my cell phone. I'll see all of you in the morning at Cordova. If you have any meet shirts left, I'll take the biggest one you got!

Are we going back to your place after the show tomorrow? Just curious what you had planned.

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 179
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2011, 06:07:04 PM »
Looks like fun so far.  Sorry I couldn't make it.  Our whole trip took a massive chnage of plans and I could not stop by Friday like I planned.
Click for La_Vista, Ne Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion
1985 Mallard Class C motor home

After our fiasco with the Toyota Corolla I got for my wife I believe I am done with Japanese vehicles.

Dude you are preaching to a choir member that is close to becoming an AMC Minister if you know what I mean.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk