News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 03, 2024, 05:50:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: '83 Eagle Limited Saved. Yep, I bought another one---(UPDATED 5/8/11)  (Read 38686 times)

Offline ammachine390

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 42
Re: '83 Eagle Limited Saved. Yep, I bought another one---(UPDATED 2/27/11)
« Reply #90 on: March 03, 2011, 07:09:05 PM »
My friend't truck has those hood mounted turn signals. They just stick to the fender and have really thin wires run through to the engine compartment between the hood and fenders.
Dan
1981 AMC Concord DL 258 Auto

Click for Villa_Park, IL Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Online vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 213
« Reply #91 on: March 03, 2011, 09:15:05 PM »
Nice, I think it would go good with your black detailing! ...IF you have the heart to drill into your fender...  :o

Yes, that's the scary part! Now would be a good time to do it though while its still in the body shop.  I should order them and set them on the fender just to see what they look like.  Of course I'd have to wrestle with that plastic inner fender to make it work, which is never easy lol
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Online vangremlin

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 213
« Reply #92 on: March 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM »
I decided to order a pair of these and see what they look like.  They require no hole for mounting, although maybe a small one for the wires.  I'll lay them on the fenders and see what I think before I do any drilling though!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003UNPHMK/ref=ox_ya_os_product
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline ammachine390

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 42
« Reply #93 on: March 03, 2011, 10:01:23 PM »
I
I decided to order a pair of these and see what they look like.  They require no hole for mounting, although maybe a small one for the wires.  I'll lay them on the fenders and see what I think before I do any drilling though!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003UNPHMK/ref=ox_ya_os_product

If the wires are small enough, you should just be able to close the hood on them, and have the wires run into the engine compartment.
Dan
1981 AMC Concord DL 258 Auto

Click for Villa_Park, IL Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Online vangremlin

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 213
« Reply #94 on: March 03, 2011, 10:34:43 PM »
If the wires are small enough, you should just be able to close the hood on them, and have the wires run into the engine compartment.

Thanks, I'll have to see if that will work.  I really don't want any wires visible, but if I can attach them right next to the hood maybe I can hide the wires that way.  We'll just have to see how that looks.
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline doneagle

• A.M.C. EAGLES ARE EXSITEMENT
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #95 on: March 04, 2011, 12:01:53 AM »
                HI  that is very good looking wagon the wood on the blue looks good I would love to have one like that.. My grandsons would check when there was no class and work on hes car so he could get finished faster some times the teasher would tell hem to come in in another class .you get the idea......... :amc:......Don
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

There are Eagles lovers and there are the uneducated and the best we can do
with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

Offline amc78concord

• If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk.
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 81
  • Second Place is the First Loser!
« Reply #96 on: March 04, 2011, 11:06:01 AM »
                HI  that is very good looking wagon the wood on the blue looks good I would love to have one like that..
Thanks Don.  :)
-Rob
Nekoosa, WI
-82 Eagle Limited Wagon (4.0 Head Swap, Holley 4bbl Carb, Headers, MSD Ignition with Team Rush Upgrade)
-82 Eagle SX/4
-83 Eagle Limited Wagon "Woody"
-84 Eagle Wagon
-85 Eagle Wagon
-Many Others... :amc:

:duck:

Click for Nekoosa, Wisconsin Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline doneagle

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #97 on: March 09, 2011, 04:31:48 PM »
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Your welcome                         
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

Offline amc78concord

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 81
Re: '83 Eagle Limited Saved. Yep, I bought another one---(UPDATED 3/16/11)
« Reply #98 on: March 16, 2011, 03:37:24 PM »
So the car is at my friend's shop once again, but now for the heater core.  Hopefully after this I won't need to put anymore money in this car, as it seems I've replaced everything! And I mean EVERYTHING!   Anyone wanna buy a 1983 Limited Eagle SW for $4,000??? LOL  :P  ::)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 03:44:42 PM by amc78concord »
-Rob
Nekoosa, WI
-82 Eagle Limited Wagon (4.0 Head Swap, Holley 4bbl Carb, Headers, MSD Ignition with Team Rush Upgrade)
-82 Eagle SX/4
-84 Eagle Wagon
-85 Eagle Wagon

Offline doneagle

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
Re: '83 Eagle Limited Saved. Yep, I bought another one---(UPDATED 3/16/11)
« Reply #99 on: March 19, 2011, 07:38:16 PM »

HI I don't want to thank of how mush I have in my 82 ....but If It Is something you enjoy and love .money doesant mater LOL ..you learn something with every experience ....I like your Don't folllow me saying.........Don

Offline amc78concord

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 81
Re: '83 Eagle Limited Saved. Yep, I bought another one---(UPDATED 5/8/11)
« Reply #100 on: May 08, 2011, 02:19:13 PM »
Update 5/8/2011.

Been a while since I've updated this!  Bought these Chrome Skins last week on the internet and are patiently waiting for them to arrive!  I think they will make my Eagle look really really cool!

-Rob
Nekoosa, WI
-82 Eagle SX/4
-84 Eagle Wagon
-85 Eagle Wagon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk