The Shop > Altered Eagles

Body swap

<< < (3/3)

IowaEagle:
Since the wagon and XJ are virtually the same length and wheel base why not just move over to the wagon the bits that you want.  Several have done that with success.  That way you can pick and choose what you want.  IMHO I would not mess with the Eagle's front suspension.

Billman:
I have to find a front differential that will accept the 3.55 gear set or swap the whole suspension if I want to change the rear axle. Having an od transmission with 2.35 gears seems counterproductive from what I've been reading. I do have a front axle that is a non disconnect but don't know if it is the correct casting. I will be digging into the motor/trans swap a little later in the year as I get a few more things off my to do list.

1985amceagle:
I believe Mick was putting a solid axle swap in eagles for awhile. Sadly there isn't a writeup for how he did it, as he was selling the conversions.

JMCwagon:
I am currently operating under the impression that the xj front axle can be swapped under my wagon by welding on the lower arm mounts, and just building a tube upper spring support and shock tower at the proper height, the eagle has a taller spring mount. Also considering a xj long arm kit ;D

Billman:
I have a couple of xj front axles laying around waiting for time to install under a wagon. Just got too :censored: many irons in the fire to get it done. As far as I remember, the frame rails are spaced out differently. Modifications to the lower control arms mounts will be necessary.
One of the front half assemblys I've got was cut out including the floor from a 95 XJ.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version