News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 12, 2024, 04:46:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My Hornet  (Read 6134 times)

80baldeagle

My Hornet
« on: March 19, 2012, 03:53:04 PM »
Well I got only 1 other amc...for now  ;) Its a 76 Hornet sportabout wagon! For now it has a strong runnin 232 with a 2 barrel with an auto....once i get the Eagle goin and finished with most of the bugs worked out, I'm sellin my crown Vic (yay!!) to build a 4.0 jeep motor that i got when i sold my Cherokee, sold Cherokee for 800 plus motor. The plan is a stroker 4.6 with a cam ( cant remember what specs of cam were) with a 650 eldy carb and a duel outlet header from a HO 4.0. I want to get a mustang 5 speed and a 8.8 with 3.73s and a posi, or locker or somethin! Hopefully gunna be a mustang/rice burner killer! Well that's the plan for now, eventually will get a turbo  >:D Ive had it sense i was 13, now 19, it'll be our 6 year anniversary in April, is it bad that i know that??? hahahaha I got more pics but they are on my ipod so ill have to post them later this week but i got one of what it looks like currently!   

Offline shaggimo

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 90
  • When "6" just won't do.......
Re: My Hornet
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 04:20:16 PM »
I recognize that car ;D from cherokeeforum, again, very nice ride.
88 xj cherokee- ((4)(4))2
81 malibu 4dr- Identity Crisis
81 SX4- gf's
84 Eagle 4dr sedan- it followed me home... ::)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/Oldsmoletic
CNY

80baldeagle

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 04:25:13 PM »
Hahahaha yeahh I had it posted on there! I don't have my cherokee anymore..so I don't get on much..but thanks!! ;D

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 06:58:10 PM »
I really liked the older Concord/Gremlin dash boards.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

80baldeagle

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 07:50:35 PM »
Concord??/ this be a hornet! Lol

Offline Pat

• Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 56
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 08:28:33 PM »
Nice!! Like the slots, don't see them anymore.
1995 Jeep Cherokee "Bleep"

No pic here - BlackBird - My '86 AMC Eagle wagon

R.I.P Old Rusty - My '91 F150

80baldeagle

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 11:36:48 PM »
Thanks! I got a pair of 7.5s I'm gunna use for my slicks when I race it, so ill have matchin wheels at all times! I love slots! I have another full set too! ;)

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • If a hammer won't fix it, it's probably electrical
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 08:31:56 PM »
Concord??/ this be a hornet! Lol

That's a Hornet??  I can't get over how much it looks like a concord.    I mean from the side and back, it looks almost exactly like a concord/eagle.

Offline DaemonForce

• Grease Magnet
  • Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2012, 09:13:48 PM »
I'm not used to the appearance of the early Eagle and late Concord rear. The AMC Hornet has gone through so many incarnations in the 70's that if you were to compare any to the 1969 design you would never believe they were the same model. I'm always able to tell from how plain they look from the front but it's the same case with the side and rear on these cars too.

The Concord and Eagle were made to be luxury cars. Period. Despite the inability to fund completely new designs, the Hornet somehow managed to remain quite different. The 4-door models all look and feel like a race car but it's almost as if stepping into a much earlier decade filled with giants that would never fit in today's parking lots. They also seem to ride better too. Preserved design traits of the Hudson?
1983 Limited
AMC 258C {R2:27.Jun.13}
Carter 2681 {R2:28.Oct.12}
TorqueFlite A998 {R6: -20.Apr.12}
NP129 {R2:28.Apr.12}
M35-273 {???}
Compression: 0
Corrected Idle: 0RPM

Rebuild:
???

Offline amc78concord

• If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk.
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 81
  • Second Place is the First Loser!
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2012, 10:11:04 PM »
That's a Hornet??  I can't get over how much it looks like a concord.    I mean from the side and back, it looks almost exactly like a concord/eagle.
 You bet!  Our Eagle wagons were based off of the Hornet Sportabout...  ;)

Great looking Hornet!  I just bought a '76 2-door with a 304 V-8!  So welcome to the club!!!  ;D
-Rob
Nekoosa, WI
-82 Eagle Limited Wagon (4.0 Head Swap, Holley 4bbl Carb, Headers, MSD Ignition with Team Rush Upgrade)
-82 Eagle SX/4
-83 Eagle Limited Wagon "Woody"
-84 Eagle Wagon
-85 Eagle Wagon
-Many Others... :amc:

:duck:

Click for Nekoosa, Wisconsin Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Prafeston

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2012, 10:13:06 PM »
I just bought a '76 2-door with a 304 V-8!

And they are both almost the same color orange!

Offline SpiritGTMan

• Ramblers on the Brain
  • Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 12
    • Friend me!
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2012, 10:20:53 PM »
That's a hot looking Sportabout.  I dig the color & wheels!

80baldeagle

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2012, 03:55:48 PM »
Well my dad gave me our extra 304 we had in the garage!!! I already got a aluminum eldy intake, eldy 650, and a brand new set of headers! Its gunna be pretty healthy ;) not sure on the size of the cam yet but it will run hard no matter what! So now the 4.0 that I got will be gone threw and punched 30 over and use the 258 crank and rods out of the eagle, for the eagle! Stroker motor for da eagle!! ;)

And I've never seen the early design in 69, they did change 3 times in 7 years lol And honestly I like the hornets style more then they 79 up concords( 78s looked pretty good) and the 80 up eagles. I want to end up putting a hornet front clip on my eagle.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 04:15:45 PM by 80baldeagle »

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2012, 10:36:34 PM »
Thats a very nice Sportabout in indeed! Looks like a nice solid project car.
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk