News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 19, 2024, 02:53:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My current obsession!  (Read 17454 times)

Offline philotomy

• Northeast Kingdom, VT.Eagle
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 24
  • AMC guy 'till the day I die
Re: My current obsession!
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2011, 08:36:05 AM »
sounds good  , keep us posted/updated and with many pics, I love eye candy
Philotomy,(my old  D+D Hobbit character) noun,pronounced "fil oto mee",but you can call me Don
1987 Eagle station wagon 4.2 mpfi

Offline brentsydlik

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 10
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2011, 03:55:33 PM »
pics are coming... our friends are due to have a baby here in a day or so, so i need to get the camera before then or ill never get it. lol.

got the exhaust done back to the axle, 2 1/4 inch pipe to the muffler... ill have the pros bend the rest of the 2 1/2 inch pipe to clear the axle once its plated. also took out the headliner this morning. any one got any good cheap ideas on a replacement or ways to make it look decent without a head liner.

Offline philotomy

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 24
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2011, 04:02:53 PM »
I have the headliner delete ,check out my pix in BigGuy45 now Philotomy's wagon in the "your eagles" thread,gives you that extra inch of headroom,just don't burn your dome on a hot day.
Philotomy,(my old  D+D Hobbit character) noun,pronounced "fil oto mee",but you can call me Don

Offline mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 167
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2011, 04:09:57 PM »
The headliner is super easy to re attach new material to. Check the how 2 section.

You didn't destroy the board did you.

Manitowoc WI

Offline brentsydlik

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 10
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2011, 04:43:39 PM »
philotomy, i didnt really see a good pic there but then again the first five or so pics are missing...
mudkicker i didnt tear it up but it did bend/crease in a few spots... its resting comfortably in the back of my suburban until i can figure out what i want to do.

Offline mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 167
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2011, 04:45:54 PM »
Creases and bends are fine.

Manitowoc WI

Offline brentsydlik

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 10
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2011, 04:48:44 PM »
i almost think that it would be neat to clean all the foam and stuff off the board and fiberglas the whole thing... also kinda interested in the headliner delete

Offline brentsydlik

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 10
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2011, 06:48:39 PM »

cheap driving lights and blacked out grill

side view

inside of spare tire area after the fancy 7 dollar spray on bed liner

the worst of the roof rack rust holes

Offline priya

• Premium Member
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 133
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2011, 07:39:56 PM »
i almost think that it would be neat to clean all the foam and stuff off the board and fiberglas the whole thing... also kinda interested in the headliner delete

I was thinking of doing that to mine before I got it recovered, not to leave it that way, but just to strengthen it, the existing piece is pretty flimsy.  After all the bending and tweeking I did to get it installed after I recovered it I wished I had fiberglassed it first.

Offline philotomy

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 24
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2011, 12:40:11 PM »
I think I lost a few pix on there ,have you figured on a color or pattern,stock or custom?

Offline brentsydlik

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 10
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2011, 07:16:31 PM »
not really sure. i was gonna leave the color but the boss(girlfriend/fiancee) dont like the beige. though black and leave the copper color on the plastic... but black gets so hot in the summer. i do think it would look good though.

Offline doneagle

• A.M.C. EAGLES ARE EXSITEMENT
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2011, 09:07:09 PM »

HI     Brent good looking Eagle you have there ...we will have to meet some time this summer and talk eagles ....If you haven't found a key yet let me know i have a few hundred we can check out ....let me know
later ..............Don
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

There are Eagles lovers and there are the uneducated and the best we can do
with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

Offline brentsydlik

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 10
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2011, 04:16:58 PM »
yeah don ill have to take you up on that later. i have found 2 door keys and as of right now i just pulled the ign. switch and am starting with a pair of needlenose pliars. i want to dig into it a bit more and just put in a toggle switch and push button. make myself feel like im back in my racecar.

Offline philotomy

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 24
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2011, 10:10:50 AM »
I found the pic of my headliner delete option

Offline brentsydlik

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 10
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2011, 05:36:03 PM »
that dont really look to bad. i might just put the trim and the visors back on and paint the roof... in the opposite order of course.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk