News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 10:09:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Cross country trip, parts pickup available  (Read 1413 times)

Offline Paul Revere

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
Cross country trip, parts pickup available
« on: August 26, 2022, 10:04:55 PM »
I'm about to embark on a two-month cross-country road trip, so if anyone needs a part or something picked up and Wants to meet up later, I'd be glad to help.

Won't be able to do Engines & such, but I can go to a junkyard and pull parts if you need.

Post here and we can work out details.

Paul

Offline Illeagle1984

• Manic Mechanic
  • Premium Member
  • Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 13
Re: Cross country trip, parts pickup available
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2022, 08:26:41 PM »
Are you embarking in said road trip in your Eagle?  I'm curious...

Myself in Wisconsin needs to grab an Eagle hood and some smaller bits from TheBirdman in South Dakota, about a 500 mile gap.  (Sorry Birdman, the truck is still in rehab).  I would throw in a couple hundred for the effort of course (and the same for Birdman too!). Don't feel bad if you can't, but I thought I'd ask.  Eagle hoods are kinda small as far as hoods go, but it's still a big bulky thing, can't just plop it in the back seat.

If you plan on passing through my neck of the woods anyway, I invite you to stop and see my little nest. :) How many states can you see in two months?
It's getting crowded down here:
1973 Ford Mustang "Rustang"
1984 AMC Eagle Sedan "IllEagle" 183k
1984 AMC Eagle Wagon "Eagle 2"
1996 Cadillac Eldorado 178k
1998 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight 239k
2002 Cadillac Eldorado Doral Edition
2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 179k

Offline Paul Revere

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2022, 08:45:22 PM »
I should be able to do it if you dont mind the risk of the hood being strapped to the roof.
I was planning.on the eagle, but sadly after getting down here, it still needs a month of mechanical work and a month of upholstery. so im taking the subaru outback. As fun as it would be to have to fix the eagle on the road, its not fun to start off with 8/10 buttons on the interior not functioning /not connected.
Send me the pickup and drop off city and ill look at the route.

Offline Illeagle1984

• Manic Mechanic
  • Premium Member
  • Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 13
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2022, 10:53:07 PM »
I wanted to provide an ending to the story for those interested:

Birdman's parts arrived this evening in fine shape.  To Birdman, I'm sending a thank you check.  Thanks buddy!

Also thanks to Paul Revere and his co-pilot, both nice guys who I got to meet earlier.  It's almost poetic, a 2011 Subaru helping to haul old Eagle parts.  The beauty of AWD indeed...

Unfortunately, the thousands of miles took a toll on the trusty Outback and the left rear wheel bearing is completely toast, with the other side not far behind!  Good thing we checked it out.  I'll take care of it tomorrow while they take a day trip to Kenosha in my Oldsmobile.
It's getting crowded down here:
1973 Ford Mustang "Rustang"
1984 AMC Eagle Sedan "IllEagle" 183k
1984 AMC Eagle Wagon "Eagle 2"
1996 Cadillac Eldorado 178k
1998 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight 239k
2002 Cadillac Eldorado Doral Edition
2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 179k

Offline Paul Revere

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2022, 11:06:02 AM »
Thanks again for all your help getting the old subie back on the road. it was great to meet you and birdman, as well as keep more eagles on the road!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2022, 07:45:35 AM by Paul Revere »

Offline TheBirdman

• huffs gear oil
  • Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 12
  • that noise? that ll go away.
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2022, 11:43:29 AM »
Right on, thanks for the help Fellas
83 eagle wagon 4.0

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk