News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 07:20:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Very Clean 1984 Eagle Sedan for Sale with transmission damage  (Read 1296 times)

Offline johnnyresponsible

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 1
I hate to sell it.  I just heard it has enough transmission damage I can’t afford to repair or replace.  It’s a great car, but I don’t have a good place to do maintenance any more, and I barely drive it (under 2,000 miles in the last two years).  It has 107,000 and is in the Minneapolis area.  It has never been in an accident.  I have had it for seven great years.

It is essentially stock, runs well.  Car does not smoke nor have its owners.  It has been garage kept for all but two years of it’s life.  I am essentially the second owner and have records and receipts from the original owner’s family.

It’s the Colorado edition and has the galvanized steel up to the door handles and is rust free except for a couple surface spots where the vinyl roof covering has small tears.

Mild upgrades include aluminum valve cover, towing hitch, roof rack, and aluminum wheels from a Cherokee,  good snow tires mounted now.  Extras include a set of cheap all season tires and rim and hub cap for full size spare. 

Body is probably 9 out of 10 (small dent on hood, driver’s turn lamp, and soft top peeling at lower edges with some surface rust under it), interior great except tear in driver’s seat and missing sun visors—I have replacements from a ‘76 Continental I re-upholdstered).

Recent mechanical highlights (with receipts going back to original owner; I am essentially the 2nd):  new pads and rotors, heater core 1 year ago, stainless muffler and tailpipe, rear brake drums, lines, and calipers, vacuum lines and idle stepper motor two years ago where it passed strict Colorado emissions.  All cylinders had compression from 110-115 when checked then.

Other work I’ve done within the last few years:  plugs, wires, dist cap and rotor, hoses, wipers, locking gas cap, oil pan and transmission seals (still leaks),

Fuel tank sending unit 4 years ago, new windshield, front shocks, coil springs, and leaf spring R&R 5 years ago, rebuilt and rebushing carb, ignition coil 6 years ago,

It leaks oil and did leak ATF, the tach doesn’t work, and the Drive Selector lines have broken, so it’s stuck in 4wd.  It worked quite well before that, and I have some glamour shots of it in action.

Please let me know if you have questions or would like pictures of anything more specific.  Email is probably preferred.

My wife would like it gone in a few weeks; I would like it to go to a good home.  I have a local offer for $650 which I consider a little low.

I am flexible in terms of payment methods, I think, but don't have a great way to tow it.

I am having some difficulty posting photos and am thinking I don't have the privileges to do that yet because I have posted so few times on the forum.  (I haven't needed to--the info already on here is so excellent.)

Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 08:55:13 AM by johnnyresponsible »
84 Eagle Sedan - "Betty"

Offline johnnyresponsible

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 1
Re: Very Clean 1984 Eagle Sedan for Sale with transmission damage
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2021, 07:56:53 AM »
SOLD

Thanks, everyone.  Be on the lookout for a new hatchling in the Minneapolis area.
84 Eagle Sedan - "Betty"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk