News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 05:37:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Rocker skids  (Read 2251 times)

Offline Blazinzuk

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 0
Rocker skids
« on: February 28, 2019, 09:52:58 PM »
Has anyone cut out the rockers on the body and replaced it with say 2x4 x.188 wall rectangular tubing? 

I'm hoping to do this and was hoping for info on what the inside if the rocker looked like.

And yes I can weld thicker steel to thinner steel.  I realize that's an issue for many

Offline amarshall

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 16
Re: Rocker skids
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2019, 10:02:44 PM »
Here's a thread with some rocker pictures. 

http://forums1.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=15595.msg161054#msg161054

From what I've seen, the process is about the same as it would be on a Jeep XJ.  I know those guys like this mod, and there are a lot of similarities.  Same engineering team designed both cars, after all...

If you do this, we need pictures!
Wanted:  More time to work on my Eagle!

1988 Eagle Wagon - Overlander Build
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=45852.0

Offline Blazinzuk

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 0
Re: Rocker skids
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 01:42:16 AM »
I will do this lol.  I'll document everything I do on this car.  It's all gotta be done by June. 

With the unibody structure in XJs I have found this to be extremely helpful in making the unibody way more rigid.  So added rigidity plus body armor plus zero ground clearance list is a win win win in my book

And thank you much for the link!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 01:43:00 AM by Blazinzuk »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk