News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 10:12:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Vacuum Tubing & Connectors.  (Read 3646 times)

Offline DIREWOLF

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Alaskan Girl - 82 AMC Eagle SX/4 Sport Fan
Vacuum Tubing & Connectors.
« on: May 27, 2017, 01:55:06 AM »
Hi everyone,
I'm working on replacing the vacuum tubing, connectors, actuators and everything else that goes along with it, on my 82 AMC Eagle SX/4 Sport. 4.2L, 258, Inline 6. But I'm having trouble finding the replacement parts and a vacuum diagram to assist the process.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
82 AMC Eagle SX/4 Sport

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
Re: Vacuum Tubing & Connectors.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 08:10:30 AM »
Check the Eaglepedia for diagrams:

http://amceaglesden.com/guide/Diagram_Section#I-6_Eagle_Engine_Vacuum_Systems

What parts are you looking for specifically?
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline DIREWOLF

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 03:04:22 PM »
Thank you for the link. I went to the encyclopedia section but had trouble finding what you provided in the link.
As for specific parts I'm looking for, on the attached photo circled in red: #4 and #20 are the parts I'm seeking but not just for the T-Case vacuum system but rather all the vacuum system related parts. The vacuum system harnesses throughout the cars system and all the actuators. All the vacuum line ends/connectors are trashed on my SX/4 and need replaced but I don't know where to purchase them.

Thanks.
82 AMC Eagle SX/4 Sport

Offline AMC of Houston

• The only thing we learn from history is that we don't learn from history.
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 86
    • American Motors Club of Houston
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2017, 04:06:58 PM »
First, the correct part numbers are different for your '82 (assuming your equipment is original to the car).   

The '82 vacuum harness is P/N J3240582 (have to get the whole harness; not just the end).   Lambert Motors shows one in stock (phone 888-856-4524).   Lambert is a great place for classic AMC/Jeep parts, because they do not price-gouge!!   Another option here is to just cut off the end, and add some short pieces of vacuum hose in place of the original connector.

The '82 vacuum motor is J3240125.   This is probably the same part as the one shown in the later diagram (the 53004596), but I have no proof of that.   Good luck finding that piece.   They occasionally show up on Ebay, and usually sell for about $100.
George G.
'81 Eagle Sundancer
'85 Eagle Waggie
1960 1902 Rambler Replica
'64 American
'70 AMX (Big Bad Blue), '70 AMX (White)
'77 Gremlin
'78 Pacer Coupe, '78 Pacer Wagon
'79 Pacer Wagon
'73 Jensen Interceptor
'86 Audi 5000 Turbo
'98 Aston Martin DB7
'09 Nissan Titan
'10 Nissan Maxima

Offline DIREWOLF

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2017, 04:23:36 PM »
Thanks for information. I was just using the image as a reference as to which part I'm looking for. I wasn't sure the technical name for it so pictures usually do the trick there. :) I'm in the process of ordering a TSM for the car, so that will help I believe. I will look into Lambert Motors, thanks for tip. I've been on and off eBay looking for things but like you said about price gouging, that's pretty typical on there.
 :)
82 AMC Eagle SX/4 Sport

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk