General > Good Vibrations

258 Cast Aluminum Valve Cover From Turner's

(1/4) > >>

EagleFam:
 We are very pleased with the deal we got on the cast aluminum valve cover from Turner 4WD Parts.
Part No. 83501398-KAC 
 —$99.95 plus shipping.

This replaces the plastic valve cover that leaked on our '83 Eagle 258. The $99.95 price was less than other places and the cast aluminum valve cover is much more durable. We had to tap a few extra drilled holes in the top of the block under the new valve cover. Those holes were already drilled from the factory but were never tapped. No big deal to just run a tap with some tapping oil down those holes.

If you do this one plan on about a day and be in a patient frame of mind. We removed the hood to make things much easier and to move some things on the firewall to have more room to work. You'll need a little extra room to work, especially when screwing in the screw on the back of the valve cover at the firewall.

This is a good valve cover.

Turner 4WD Parts Co.
Orders: 800-THE-JEEP (800-843-5337)
Info: 770-992-1181
Fax: 770-992-4376
www.thejeep.com
[email protected]

IowaEagle:
They are great and well worth  the time and money.

Amc1320:
I put one of these on 10 years ago, still looks great and no leaks!

Mine came with bolts that used Allen wrench to tighten, made that back one a little easier to snug

AMC of Houston:
I looked at Turner's web site and couldn't find the $99 aluminum cover.  The part number mentioned in the original post seems to be a plastic one with gasket for $69.   They do have an aluminum one for $142 tho.

carnuck:
I did a used aluminum cover and used studs instead of bolts along with Tee handle bolts (like used on hotrods)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version