News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 18, 2024, 12:12:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: oil temp  (Read 2078 times)

Offline GAEAGLE

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
oil temp
« on: November 15, 2011, 09:51:54 PM »
I read an article tougeagle wrote about installing a gauge cluster. I happen to be installing a gauge cluster and was wondering about the oil temp indicator and temp. So what kind of gauge is it and what would be the normal stop and go traffic temp also normal highway driving temp?

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
Re: oil temp
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 12:59:52 AM »
Depending on oil, coolant, outside temp and driving styles our cars will run between 190 and 210...atleast thats what mine was running in rush hour traffic on an 85-90 degreeday. For standard petroleum oils 180-220 degrees is good but anything over 250 is dangerous grounds...Synthetics can run between 250-260 safely all day long.

AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline GAEAGLE

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 07:33:06 PM »
Thanks for the info. All information on Eagle specs. are always welcome to me. Can't get enough. Thanks again. I may install oil temp gauge also. If not now then later on down the road.

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 02:48:12 AM »
Any time man! Theres not many questions that cant be answered here....If theres somthing that can go wrong on these things someone here has fixed it at some point.....the nest has been a life saver for me.
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk