News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 02, 2024, 02:17:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Anybody run these wheels? I might have a problem...  (Read 17471 times)

Offline tougeagle

• Horses, rodeos, diesel trucks and AMC Eagles
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 75
  • There are many like it, but this one is mine
Re: Anybody run these wheels? I might have a problem...
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2011, 01:23:58 AM »
Anybody else have these on their car?:

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n555/darthgremlin/jeepwheel2.jpg

I’m wondering if there is a problem with these wheels in an Eagle application.  I have used a variety of Cherokee wheels on Eagles over the years and didn’t foresee any problems with these, but....

the ride back to my office from the tire shop is fairly low speed and I didn't notice any issues.  When I left for home tonight and got on the highway, however, there was a definite change in handling, and not for the better.  The thing seemed pretty squirrelly and when I hit a bump at one point the whole thing started to shudder and wobble (!)  I slowed down and the shuddering stopped but I still felt like it was not handling nearly as well.  Tires are nearly new and 205/75/15.

Im pretty sure its irrelevant but for a small period of time when i was in high school, my dad picked up an 88 comanche with those, and it wobbled bad at high speeds too, probably coincidence but yeah

That's all front suspension. You need to check out your idler arm, pitman arm and steering stabilizer, it will do that with any wheel on, some may just exaggerate the problem
Upcoming 1982 Wagon "The Silver Bullet"
Goals: 550hp/600tq 4.5L EFI Turbo Stroker, Tremec 6 speed manual
2007 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins 6 speed 600+hp/1400+tq fully deleted
1998 Honda Civic "the hoopdy"

What's your 'sona?

A dream car does not have to be beautiful in the eyes of others, it's not theirs.

Offline CheroCamarEagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
Re: Anybody run these wheels? I might have a problem...
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2011, 05:35:03 AM »
Anybody else have these on their car?:

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n555/darthgremlin/jeepwheel2.jpg

I’m wondering if there is a problem with these wheels in an Eagle application.  I have used a variety of Cherokee wheels on Eagles over the years and didn’t foresee any problems with these, but....

the ride back to my office from the tire shop is fairly low speed and I didn't notice any issues.  When I left for home tonight and got on the highway, however, there was a definite change in handling, and not for the better.  The thing seemed pretty squirrelly and when I hit a bump at one point the whole thing started to shudder and wobble (!)  I slowed down and the shuddering stopped but I still felt like it was not handling nearly as well.  Tires are nearly new and 205/75/15.

Im pretty sure its irrelevant but for a small period of time when i was in high school, my dad picked up an 88 comanche with those, and it wobbled bad at high speeds too, probably coincidence but yeah

That's all front suspension. You need to check out your idler arm, pitman arm and steering stabilizer, it will do that with any wheel on, some may just exaggerate the problem

lol it doesnt matter anymore, my dad only had it for a month-ish and its been gone for about 2 years
1984 AMC Eagle Wagon Limited
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
1980 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta (For Sale)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk