News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 27, 2024, 01:44:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Easter Jeep Safari Concepts. What would you like to see produced?  (Read 138 times)

Online 89 MJ

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
I feel like the last few years of EJS concept vehicles have been lacking. For the most part, they seem like production vehicles with bolt ons. My favorite one is the Willys Dispatcher because it seems to be the one that is truest to what Jeeps were about 20+ years ago.

1st: 2016 Short Cut Concept
2nd: 2024 EJS Concepts
3rd: Wagoneer Vacationeer
4th: Wrangler Low Down
5th: Gladiator Rubicon High Top
6th: Willys Dispatcher

I would really like to see a production version of something like the 2016 Short Cut concept. For a daily driver for me (and probably lots of people), there is not much reason for more than two seats. I'd love to see a Wrangler that's even shorter than the current two door and comes extremely basic. I'm talking like a radio, doors, a top, cruise control, air conditioning and a back seat are options. Just give me a small Jeep, a 4 cylinder, 6 speed stick, and a Dana 44 in the rear at a reasonable price (no reason something like this should be more than $20,000) and I'd be happy. What would other people like to see Jeep put into production?

« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 03:35:10 PM by 89 MJ »
1986 Eagle: 258, Auto, Chrysler 8.25 rear, 3.54 gears
1989 Jeep Comanche: 4.0, AX-15, 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears
1940 Chevy PU: 350, 700R4

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 213
Re: Easter Jeep Safari Concepts. What would you like to see produced?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2024, 11:23:27 AM »
I think something small would make sense.  These days its always the "bigger is better" mentality.  The Ford Maverick truck is a good example of people wanting something small.

I know it's not a Jeep, but I would like to see something like the IH Scout updated and brought back.  I guess Volkswagen owns the name and may bring something out but don't know that there are any real plans to do that.
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Online 89 MJ

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
Re: Easter Jeep Safari Concepts. What would you like to see produced?
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2024, 11:37:53 AM »
I think something small would make sense.  These days its always the "bigger is better" mentality.  The Ford Maverick truck is a good example of people wanting something small.

I know it's not a Jeep, but I would like to see something like the IH Scout updated and brought back.  I guess Volkswagen owns the name and may bring something out but don't know that there are any real plans to do that.

The Maverick is a great example. And it looks like we’ll be seeing a Scout in the next few years as an EV SUV
https://www.scoutmotors.com/
1986 Eagle: 258, Auto, Chrysler 8.25 rear, 3.54 gears
1989 Jeep Comanche: 4.0, AX-15, 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears
1940 Chevy PU: 350, 700R4

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk