Eagle Gallery > Your Eagle(s)

1980 Eagle Wagon - Great Beater Challenge Build

<< < (5/5)

86Woodgrain:

--- Quote from: Jobflobadob on January 05, 2023, 02:05:59 AM ---86Woodgrain, It certainly is very close, but not exact. Mine had no silver bar along the bottom, and had a spot in the bottom right corner for a chrome eagle badge. I will PM you tomorrow, but if you happen to see this, please PM me with your price plus shipping to Alberta. Even your hood is different, mine does not have a raised cowl area, and the chrome strip is not the full length of the hood.

--- End quote ---
Are you in Calgary by chance? I am driving to Calgary Saturday, getting there after supper, and leaving Sunday morning.

I will try to get you a picture later today of it's condition today. I looked at your pic and yours does have the silver bar across the bottom. My grille has mounting holes in the same spot for the Eagle emblem, but my emblem is missing.

I **suspect** either the alternating black bars have faded off on mine or someone used some acetone in the past to remove the black and make all the bars the same. Either way mine is almost definitely a 1980 grille now that I look closer, and in fact you could paint the alternating bars black to make it look new again.

86Woodgrain:
Here is the grille I have. I painted it using trim black and removed the black from alternating bars so it looks factory original for 1980.

It's not perfect but it's in very good shape, all mounting tabs are intact. It had a few cracks which I affixed back together (no missing chunks).

If interested PM me and we can discuss a price. I do not appear to have a box to ship it, I would have to secure one if I ship it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version