The Shop > Gremlins

Engine shutting down while driving

(1/10) > >>

Nightpath:
So my Eagle is road legal and I've been enjoying it., t a.

Problem is after 15 km of driving or so the engine stalls out. It restarts without a problem every time.

I have a new solenoid and hei distributor in it,  engine seems to run fine then it either dies totally or becomes intermittent then dies.

Thoughts?  I'm leaning towards a bad coil in the HEI, or possilby a bad starter solenoid (don't think it's this).

Anyone have a few suggestions?

doneagle:

HI    This is off the wall but have you tried the gas filter ....that's what mine did ......not seeing how it does its hard to tell for me any way ..I like to see and hear what is going on ...........don

Nightpath:
Has a new gas filter.

The engine completely cuts out, not a sputter or anything. Merrily driving along then no response whatsoever.

carnuck:
My previous wagon did that on right turns after warmed up. It turned out the thrust shim between the dist gear and housing fell apart, which allowed the shaft inside to rise above the pickup coil and kill the spark. Check the end play by pulling up and down on the rotor. I've had lots of Chevs do that too. It settles down after sitting a couple seconds and sparks like normal. First time drove me nuts. I took off the cap. Pushed down on the rotor and it fired up and drove till another long hill.

BenM:
The ignition module may be going, and check for lose grounds.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version