News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• June 02, 2024, 01:35:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1985 Eagle Wagon for sale in Idaho  (Read 4176 times)

Offline dk79

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 0
1985 Eagle Wagon for sale in Idaho
« on: January 05, 2014, 04:07:57 PM »
Hello,
I am the second owner of a 1985 AMC Eagle wagon (white with brown trim, tan interior, automatic transmission, tape deck, manual door locks).  I have owned it for almost 5 years.   I have good reason to believe that the true mileage is 84,500 based on service records.  The original owner brought it to the same mechanic since the day it rolled off the assembly line.  I got it at 75k, I have put about 10k miles on it,  I am looking for a local (Boise, ID) buyer, or someone willing to travel to pick it up.  It will drive you wherever you want to go, but I don't have much wiggle room in my schedule to drive it anywhere.  Very good condition (except for the things listed below, mostly interior cosmetics).  I will be listing this on the local Boise classified website for $2,000, willing to make a deal for someone who will truly appreciate it,

The good:
Starts up every time, very reliable
Runs great
Four wheel drive works (so does the switch)
Carburetor rebuilt 4 years ago (10k miles)
Water pump and some lines replaced 4 years ago (10k miles)
New spark plugs, wires, distributor cap 4 years ago (10k miles)
Mostly new belts
New muffler 3 years ago
New battery 3 years ago
Passed ID emissions in July 2013

The not-so-good:
Exhaust pipe has large hole in it
Passenger side fender and paint has scratches
Driver door does not open from outside
Seatbelt in front passenger side functional, but the latch does not have any trim on it (it's bare metal)
Passenger door works fine, but key does not lock/unlock it
Hatch struts do not keep hatch open
Tires don't have much life left in them

I don't do photo bucket, but if you are interested, message me and I can get you some more photos (of the engine, undercarriage, right side damage, interior, etc).  Here is a link to a picture of the actual vehicle: http://www.flickr.com/photos/loganam/3549298981/

Take care,
DK
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 04:10:59 PM by dk79 »

Offline dk79

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 0
Re: 1985 Eagle Wagon for sale in Idaho
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 04:33:44 PM »
It is now listed on a common classified website for Boise, with pictures.

Offline mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 167
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 04:42:33 PM »
Post the link and make it easy. Its more than allowed and encouraged

Manitowoc WI

Offline TheWraith

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 8