News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• June 02, 2024, 07:09:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Time to part with my Old Bird  (Read 3457 times)

Offline gearheadted

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 0
Time to part with my Old Bird
« on: April 29, 2013, 10:35:02 PM »
Its time for me to get rid of the old girl.  I would really like to find a new home for her.  She has treated my well for a good long time.  I'm hoping one of you guys would take her in.  Shes been sitting for awhile and has gotten a bit rusty, but was my daily driver when I parked her.  I quickly dug up the last, most recent photos I took of her.  I can take some more but wanted to see if anyone was interested.  
    I am in Southern New Hampshire.  I would like to get like 500 bucks or so.  What do you guys think with this limited info?  She's my 3rd Eagle and I have had one for almost as long as I could drive.  I am truly one of you lol.  :occasion14:  I have treated her real well and turned a LOT of bolts.  No EGR or emmisions crap.  I ripped miles of vacumn lines out lol. ::)  All the major stuff is quite solid.  Had like 100 miles on a new tranny rebuld. (Sooo nice to feel in an old Eagle hehe.)  She will need a tow to her new home.  The drive shafts are pulled.  I have almost a whole other car in parts if you need any to sweeten the deal.  
    Ill post more pics and give more info or any  requested, just trying to feel out any interest.  What do you guys think?  Am I way off the mark?  Some passerby offered me 200 to haul it off for scrap awhile back lol.  Dont worry guys I could never have her squished.  ttyl  guys!

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb468/gearheadted/DSCF0338.jpg

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb468/gearheadted/DSCF0339.jpg

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb468/gearheadted/DSCF0343.jpg

-Ted  
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 11:01:01 PM by gearheadted »

Offline TheWraith

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 8
Re: Time to part with my Old Bird
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 07:26:13 AM »
Sounds like a great deal but 16 hours one way is just too far for me to travel...wife would have a cow anyway so perhaps it is for the best.  I'm sure someone will jump on this.
I am what Willis was talking about.

Offline eaglebeek

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 70
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 12:20:49 PM »
You're not asking for the sun, moon and stars. That's a great price for an Eagle that appears not to need a boat-load of work to make road-worthy.

I didn't see clearly in your pics the "bit rusty" that you wrote in your post. As you know, rust in the front frame horns where they attach to the main body is common and of most concern. Surface rust on body panels is almost a given in a 25+ year old car, and is usually reasonably easy to repair.

I wish you the best in your effort to find your bird a new nest. I'll have to pass as I'm even further away from you than  is The Wraith. Moreover, I already have a non-op bird in my nest in addition to my daily driver.
1984 Eagle Wagon, 258, auto, 2.73 gears, daily driver
1983 Eagle Limited Wagon, parts; sold
2000 Jeep Cherokee, 4.0, auto
2007 Hyundai Accent, radical downsize from minivan, wife's car and she loves it!

"The society which scorns excellence in plumbing as a humble activity and tolerates shoddiness in philosophy because it is an exalted activity will have neither good plumbing nor good philosophy: neither its pipes nor its theories will hold water."--John W. Gardner, in "Excellence: Can We Be Equal and Excellent Too?" (1961)

Air-conditioning is so cool!

Offline gearheadted

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 0
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 06:54:26 PM »
   Hey thanks for the replys guys.  I'm glad to hear this is a reasonable price.  It is worth soo much more to me, as we have seen some times together hehe.  I keep telling myself I should fix her up but alas I have a house now and projects seem to be never ending.  I wanted to at least see someone get her who could appreciate her like I do.  And yes, its so tempting cause it dosen't really need a TON of work.  heck I bet I could throw the drive shaft back in and drive her just fine.  A bunch of the little stuff is busted tho, door handles, gauges and such. Who ever thought that "white metal"  was a good idea to make hinges and handles out of was an idiot lol.  And yes the rust is just on the inside of the doors and body and is really quite salvageable.  The underside is great thanks to the ziebardt coating and probably years of oil leaks lol.  Any questions or interest feel free to ask!!
   Thanks for your input guys!!
-Ted

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk