The Shop > Gremlins

My eagle won't get off the ground!!

<< < (2/3) > >>

AMC of Houston:
Nope; no vac advance at all on my Grem.

86erfixer:
What are you running for an engine? I ran it unhooked but I hated seeing it unhooked and I thought maybe I could pull the advance back enough to let it idle down a bit and still have vacuum advance on port vacuum to help with low rpm load and recovery.

AMC of Houston:
Its just a mildly-modified 232 (Clifford cam, header, intake, little Holley carb).   Of course to run more initial advance (and no vac advance), you need to limit your mechanical advance some (to max around 32-34 degrees usually); or else ping city at max factory mechanical advance.

86erfixer:
Well I adjusted timing to happiest idle after tuning the carb to happiest idle. I had already previously recurved the distributor for less timing advance and never even checked the timing with a gun(yet) I reinstalled the carb backwards on the dual plane/port manifold and idk what I did different but wow! I have to right all my adjustments down bc it's a new car now. It pulls back from idle in second gear almost stopped, it accels great when I drop the hammer and it cruises without throwing a tantrum. It's been a whole week without a backfire and I actually aim to check my fuel mileage this week! Lol my only complaint now is the choke needing to be completely slammed shut to run and she runs out of wind at about 75 or so, more than fast enough but with what I'm assuming is 3.54's I'd expect better top speed. Thing runs like1400 rpm in 5th at 50ish mph!

AMC of Houston:
The choke flap needing to be totally closed is just weird!   Maybe a huge vacuum leak or majorly messed up carb?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version