Information and News > Hatchlings

Upper Control Arm Bushing

(1/1)

CaliEagle97:
Hi, currently trying to replace my front shocks and springs. Using a tool I bought from a texan off ebay who makes and sells them, very handy. I got the passenger side done in less than an hour. However, the drivers side upper control arm bolt is seized, and PB blaster has not proven helpful. Does anybody have a tip or advice aside from just cutting the bolt out and replacing it with a new one? The passenger side was far easier to get to and remove.

Any advice greatly appreciated

vangremlin:
Just all the usual things to try before you end up cutting the bolt - heat, impact wrench if it will fit, breaker bar, or some combination of those. 

MIPS:
I had to use a breaker bar in the wheel well with a wrench and a block of the wood in the engine bay to keep the whole bolt from spinning.

CaliEagle97:
After continually coating with the PB Blaster, and enough "oomph", I was able to get it out. So my javelin springs and KYB shocks are in, front end sits in a happy state with my 27"s and it's time to do my rear suspension. Thanks for the advice fellas

vangremlin:
I'm glad you were able to finally convince it to give up!  Thanks for sharing the results and happy motoring!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version