The Shop > 4X4 and Driveline

hooped transfer case / np242 swap discussion

<< < (4/4)

TheBirdman:
I dont know what he did but what I and many others have done was pop the cover off the actuator, slide the coupler to the engaged position, then put a hose clamp on the slider to keep it engaged.

amarshall:

--- Quote from: CaliEagle97 on June 16, 2022, 02:53:17 PM ---Amarshall, what did you about the vacuum axle actuator in the eagle? I'm looking to put in a 231 from a tj soon but still trying to figure out what the best route is for that

--- End quote ---

My wagon is a 1988 so I don’t have that actuator on the front axle.  It doesn’t disconnect, they eliminated that function by 1988.  I’ve heard about the hose clamp solution also, seems to work for those that need it.

CaliEagle97:

--- Quote from: amarshall on July 11, 2022, 11:46:01 PM ---
--- Quote from: CaliEagle97 on June 16, 2022, 02:53:17 PM ---Amarshall, what did you about the vacuum axle actuator in the eagle? I'm looking to put in a 231 from a tj soon but still trying to figure out what the best route is for that

--- End quote ---

My wagon is a 1988 so I don’t have that actuator on the front axle.  It doesn’t disconnect, they eliminated that function by 1988.  I’ve heard about the hose clamp solution also, seems to work for those that need it.

--- End quote ---

Will that cause any issues with daily driving? I have a 20 mile highway commute to work and am hoping to keep my eagle capable of that without impairing the life of the vehicle

maddog:
No it won't cause you any issues. It is essentially the same as putting a shift on the fly front axle in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version