Eagle Gallery > Your Eagle(s)

Another set of Wings

(1/1)

PatrickH:
After my double Bambi several months ago, I have been wanting to find another wagon with hopefully fewer needs. I received a great deal on a 1991 Subaru 4wd wagon that is a great car, 30mpg, 4wd, BUT...It just couldn't pull dead Superdutys into the shop like my Eagle could, or pull my trash trailer like my Eagle could, or...or... or... so I started looking again, with no means to buy of course. There on the list was a 1983 Wagon in Casper WY, $1000. Pix looked good, and we managed a trade for my little pop up camper. Haven't go the carb on it yet to hear it run, but it is supposed to run great till it dies!  ::) I expect it is just an ignition module from the way it was described. Paint still pretty shiny, interior nice, 105k on odometer. Of course now I have to either buy new tires or lift this one to fit the 225/70R15 Generals from my first. Now I need the Subaru to sell to have a little seed money for my new set of wings. Here's a link if you want some pix
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?fbid=204694082895046&id=100000633672677&aid=49709&l=52b00ccd27

PatrickH:
Pickup  coil in the distributor.Not the module. I was getting spark only when shutting the key off, and I had  power to all points. AMC's test of checking the ohms gave a false "good" test for the pickup. $23 and a little time now I have my spark back. Now to  go thru the carb to get fuel flowing properly. I atleast got the engine to run enough  to NOT hear knocks!

maddog:
congrats on the new eagle dude it looks good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version