The Shop > Suspension, Steering, Brakes, Wheels & Tires

Leaf Spring Specs.

<< < (2/7) > >>

IowaEagle:
I was thinking that maybe a set of 4 banger, non air, springs might lower it a bit.

jim:
As is so often the case, my poor old 88 is left out.
However, since 80 - 87 use the same springs I assume the 88 uses the same, also.
If anyone knows anything to the contrary, please let me know.
I have emailed the company in Kansas that Joe-Javelin told us about but I haven't heard anything yet.
Their specs match the ones here.
Do you suppose the heavier springs would lift the rear compared to the lighter springs?
I would think with higher load capacity and more arch they would.
I have almost decided to replace my new springs that went flat so quickly.

IowaEagle:
AFAIK they are the same for '88.  What does the '84 - '88 parts manual say in the Eaglepedia?

rmedon:
When I had my springs done, I was going for new front and rear, but the spring shop advised me to go with new coils and adding a leaf on the back to get the height back.  Since they were the pros and were saving me the cost of new rear springs, I listened.  Haven't regretted it yet.  They did inspect my suspension before telling me that, and possibly my leaves weren't too worn out, but like I say, I am quite happy with the results.

jim:

--- Quote from: IowaEagle on November 20, 2007, 02:04:17 PM ---AFAIK they are the same for '88.  What does the '84 - '88 parts manual say in the Eaglepedia?

--- End quote ---
Sorry; I keep forgetting to look there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version