News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 07:32:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: POSSIBLE trip  (Read 3605 times)

Offline Still Pat

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 14
POSSIBLE trip
« on: July 28, 2019, 11:23:12 AM »
Okay, y'all - here's the deal. My 45 year high school graduation reunion is coming up Aug. (24?). I am making TENTATIVE plans to attend. Not sure if i'll be driving the Eagle or my van, but I can transport (IF I go) some small parts. Going from St. Charles County (just across the river from St. Louis) to east of Pittsburgh Pa. on I-70 (school was right on the Md./Pa. line off I-70, Warfordsburg, Pa.). IF you have anything you want delivered at points in-between or near final destination, let me know. Considering a different route for the return trip (IF I go). Have a friend in Beckley, West BY GOD Va. I'd like to see & it's not much farther. Again, it's not set in stone, I have a bum leg that may cancel my plans. It's kinda a day to day thing so I can't plan that far ahead. Along the same route, if someone just wanted to meet up & say 'Howdy'.
'83 AMC Eagle wagon 258/auto.
'84 AMC Eagle sedan (4 door) 258/auto.
PREVIOUS AMCs:
'72 Gremlin X 304/3 speed
'81 Eagle Kammback 258/4 speed (Purchased new)
'82 Eagle wagon 258/5 speed (Ordered new, traded Kammback)
'86 (I THINK) Eagle wagon - BlackBird 258/auto. (Got hit/totaled)
'83 Eagle wagon - White Eagle 258-auto. (Front subframe was rotted out - sold for parts)

Offline Still Pat

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 14
Re: POSSIBLE trip
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 08:11:00 PM »
UPDATE

As of now, trip is still a GO! Plan to leave 21st & drive the van. Eagle is in the hospital, cancer. Surgery was successful from what I've been told & Eagle MAY be ready to come home next week! The dr. said they got some other patients out earlier & that gave them some extra time with the Eagle. IF I can figure out how (I have to move them from my phone to the computer & then 'share' here), I'll post up a few pics. IF they went through, this is all I have. It was basically the length of the door under the chrome strip at the paint break on the passenger's side & the bottom rear corner (approx. 1/2 the size of a dollar bill) on the driver's side. Getting BOTH spots cut out & new metal welded in, then painted to match. Plus the paint had almost all peeled off the cowl & it was starting to 'patina' (they don't like it when you call it rust). Then while it's there, I'm just gonna have them replace the busted door handle. Found one of the cowl from a couple years back.
PREVIOUS AMCs:
'83 Eagle wagon - White Eagle 258-auto. (Front subframe was rotted out - sold for parts)

Offline Still Pat

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 14
Re: POSSIBLE trip
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 01:06:42 PM »
Plan to leave Wed. 21st or Thurs. 22nd depending. Still unsure if I'm gonna take the Eagle or the van. Eagle MIGHT be done Wed. the body shop said last week, but I wanted to leave Wed. A. M. Still willing to transport some stuff if anybody needs. Figure St. Louis to Pa./Md. state line along I-70. Probably will return to St. Louis on I-64. IF you need/want something moved along that route, now is the time to speak up! Also, if anybody just wants to meet up & say "Howdy", maybe over a burger or something at a fast food place?
PREVIOUS AMCs:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk