Eagle Gallery > Camping Eagles

Westpoint, TN

(1/1)

eaglefreek:
The group that leases the land where I ride my dirt bike, held a clean up day. We just did the main roads. There was about 40 of us and it took about 3 hours. Unfortunately, it's just a drop in the bucket. Some of the locals are slobs and the quad people bring their coolers full of beer and just throw their trash anywhere. I don't get the litterbug mentality.

Afterwards, a group of 6 of us cooked lunch and then went for a 33 mile ride. Doesn't sound like much, but when you are in the woods and dodging trees, it takes a while to travel that far.

I camped overnight and rode another 25 miles with a group out of Memphis, but didn't get any pics of that.

Amc1320:
Very nice, great weahter this weekend for it!

Looks like fun, thanks for picking up, I hike through the state park beside my house and always come home with a  bag full of trash every time.

vangremlin:
Looks like a lot of fun Eaglefreek.  And thanks for cleaning up.  Your Eagle definitely gets some good off-the-pavement time!

mechanic80:
I have seen the slob mentality here in New Mexico on the rural highways and in the mountains.  Littering is the most anti-social offense I can think of.  How hard is it to hold on to your trash till you find a trash barrel?  Just the other day I was following a newer Mercedes and the #@@%^ole threw a practically full Starbucks plactic cup out the window.  I think fines for littering should begin at  100 times what they are now and go up from there.  Might also help fund road maintenance too!
Just wanted to get that off my chest.

eaglebeek:

--- Quote from: mechanic80 on March 11, 2013, 08:53:42 AM ---I have seen the slob mentality here in New Mexico on the rural highways and in the mountains.  Littering is the most anti-social offense I can think of.  How hard is it to hold on to your trash till you find a trash barrel?  Just the other day I was following a newer Mercedes and the #@@%^ole threw a practically full Starbucks plactic cup out the window.  I think fines for littering should begin at  100 times what they are now and go up from there.  Might also help fund road maintenance too!
Just wanted to get that off my chest.

--- End quote ---
More hazardous than an empty plastic coffee cup. Speedier than a flying bullet. More disgusting than stepping in a full bucket of crankcase oil while fumbling in the garage during a power outage. :censored: It's a burning cigarette butt flung out the window... :angry4:

Great photos, Eaglefreek. The Tennessee hills have a character all their own. :eagle:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version