The Mighty 258 > Fuel Systems.

What causes carb to move to fast idle position? Choke thermostat?

<< < (10/10)

86Woodgrain:

--- Quote from: MIPS on November 30, 2022, 12:55:47 AM ---Here. Hopefully this is detailed enough to explain what you should be seeing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i-lUwsrDNk

--- End quote ---
Thanks, great explanation! On mine I can't duplicate that because my SolVac isn't near the screw even when fully warm, fast idle cam completely off.

MIPS:
Yep. Time for a swap then.
I've listed a Mopar and Borg Warner part number in the description.

86Woodgrain:
Thanks. Funny both of mine are the same in terms of how far or not far they stick out with 12V applied.

For reference here's a copy and paste so I can look it up later

--- Quote ---Defective Sol-Vac units (open coil or bad diaphragm) should be replaced. Replacement part cross-references I know of are:
Mopar: 83500342
Federal Mogul/Borg Warner: 213-245
--- End quote ---

86Woodgrain:
Update: I have not been able to drive my car recently due to a tire issue and doing some tinkering on it.... but I have some exciting news!

I contacted the seller on eBay with the SoleVac unit for sale in the USA and they after a week or so enabled shipping to Canada. So I was finally able to buy it!! Woohoo, it was kinda pricey at $103 Metric Dollars after all is said and done but that will be a new NOS part so yay. The smarter thing to do would be to put that money toward EFI swap but hey I'm trying to keep things original, I'm a little weird like that.

Next up I really need tires, and I need to drop the gas tank and replace the sending unit with one that is accurate. Install those mudflaps I mentioned in the other thread and then I can get back to tweaking the choke! I haven't actually got much done on the car in the last little bit but hopefully in the next 2 weeks I should be able to make some progress again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version