News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 02:10:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Electric Shift T-case options?  (Read 860 times)

Offline cgcnj7

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 1
Electric Shift T-case options?
« on: June 03, 2022, 07:18:49 PM »
Hello EaglesDen Members,
I have been on the lookout for a 4 low compatible transfer case that would be compatible with my 1984 four door wagon eagle.  I've searched for 242, 231, and even tried to look for the 249 without much luck. Manual would be nice, but I'm starting to wonder about any electric Shift options?

Yes, complexity is increased but I think it would be cool to retromod uthe dashboard vacuum switch to work using limit switches and an arduino. Does anyone know if any Chevy/Ford/jeep electric Shift t cases w/ four low which would be compatible in bolt up and size to work with the stock T5?

I thought the rangers and explorers might be but after some more research I found that they were running with 5 point connection to the transmission. I don't know much about the other manufacturers since I've always driven an xj, a vw, and a wj. Any assistance would be appreciated!! Thanks for your time

Offline rmick

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 40
Re: Electric Shift T-case options?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2022, 10:22:48 AM »
72 Javelin AMX
72 Javelin SST
72 Gremlin with 4.0
81 SX 4

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk