News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 29, 2024, 04:53:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Eagle1983' AMC Eagle Sedan  (Read 12209 times)

Offline Eagle1985

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 46
Re: Eagle1983' AMC Eagle Sedan
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2010, 03:08:44 PM »
1983 was the last year for the "stop and Switch 2wd - 4wd"
1984 and up was Shift on the Fly...so you're good to go  ;D
Congrats on the new Eagle. Looking forward to pics.

The Shift-On-The-Fly system was officially introduced on the 1985 Eagle.

//////////

Offline Eagle1983

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2010, 04:31:33 PM »
If it's in 4 wheel drive you should be able to spin all 4 tires on ice.

Thanks for the suggestion, so far I have only hit ice with the back, usually back out of the drive way. Next time I will try pulling out and see if the front tires also spin. What type of winter tires would you recommend getting. Every time I hit ice backing out the car usually stops, then if the back tires spin to much the engine stalls for some reason. I would have figured the front tires would keep me going.
Eagles never die.

Offline Eagle1983

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2010, 04:33:44 PM »
1983 was the last year for the "stop and Switch 2wd - 4wd"
1984 and up was Shift on the Fly...so you're good to go  ;D
Congrats on the new Eagle. Looking forward to pics.

The Shift-On-The-Fly system was officially introduced on the 1985 Eagle.

//////////

thanks should hopefully be getting some pictures of it up this weekend.If I can remember how to upload pictures. Also just ordered a new black aluminum valve cover, should have it on by this Christmas break.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 04:36:10 PM by Eagle1983 »
Eagles never die.

Offline Eagle1983

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2010, 11:42:21 PM »
Tried moving here again today in the snow, my one back tire was slipping on ice again though, Had my dad watch. He said that was the only tire slipping. The thing is that when it slipped the car stopped completely, as if the two front tires were not engaged and I had it set into four wheel drive, runs fine so I wonder what the problem could be with her?
Eagles never die.

Offline Eagle1983

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2011, 08:41:30 PM »
Just wondering  does any one know where I can find a window channel/weather stripping for my 84 Eagle's drive side door, fond a PRECISION REPLACEMENT PARTS ALL-RUBBER WINDOW CHANNELS at JC whitney but do not know if it will fit or what type/style to get. Has any on here ever used them for parts or window channels.
Eagles never die.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk