News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 29, 2024, 06:34:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Power Seat interchange  (Read 914 times)

Offline atmafox

• Mad Engineer
  • Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 8
Power Seat interchange
« on: July 07, 2022, 03:09:35 PM »
Hey folks,

A search didn't yield the precise info I was looking for, so figured I'd get it somewhere more searchable.

At one point I read that either a Cadillac or a Lincoln of a certain year range had the same power seat controls but I can't seem to find it now.  Would anyone know?  The actual power seats for Eagles seem to be unobtanium now, the only one on car-part is so old the yard won't sell it as it's assumed to be damaged/destroyed from a decade in the yard.  So I'm considering kitbashing at least a power driver seat together out of parts so I'm trying to figure out which place to steal the electronics from.

Thanks!
-Atma
Mine:
- 1980 AMC Eagle 2dr Sedan
- 2009 BMW 335i xDrive Coupe

Ours:
- 1986 Toyota Pickup

Hers:
- 1988 Toyota Supra Turbo
- 1988 Toyota Celica All-Trac
- 1997 Toyota RAV4 2dr 4x4

His:
- 1985 Nissan 720 Pickup Deluxe King Cab 4x4

Offline MIPS

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 44
Re: Power Seat interchange
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2022, 03:19:26 PM »
'81-'82 Corvette (GM) seemed to use the same assembly. Problem is Corvette-referenced parts tend to demand Corvette-level money

https://corvetteparts.com/item/switch-left-power-seat-6-way-control-1981-1982

Seems nutty a car yard wouldn't sell a power seat assembly.

If you are just having non-working or weak controls I've found the molded plug the controls connect to can develop poor connections. Earlier switch assemblies (notably Ford) had the harness directly soldered to the pins with a group of separate color coded plugs instead of one giant beast of a socket. If you are desperate you can carefully pull the terminal plates off to dismantle and clean the insides of the switches.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 03:33:57 PM by MIPS »

Offline atmafox

• Mad Engineer
  • Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2022, 03:29:08 PM »
Unfortunately, mine wasn't equipped with power seats at all.  I'm looking to bring her up to full on Kenosha Cadillac levels and am slowly hoarding parts to do so. (=

That said, looks like the Corvette part was also used on Cadillacs so bingo that's exactly the info I needed.  You rock!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 03:30:13 PM by atmafox »
Mine:
- 1980 AMC Eagle 2dr Sedan
- 2009 BMW 335i xDrive Coupe

Ours:
- 1986 Toyota Pickup

Hers:
- 1988 Toyota Supra Turbo
- 1988 Toyota Celica All-Trac
- 1997 Toyota RAV4 2dr 4x4

His:
- 1985 Nissan 720 Pickup Deluxe King Cab 4x4

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2022, 06:46:33 PM »
I've also grabbed some controls out of some 80s Fords that seem to be the same although I have not actually used them yet.  Good luck!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk