News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 11:39:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What causes carb to move to fast idle position? Choke thermostat?  (Read 4914 times)

Offline 86Woodgrain

• Administrator
  • Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 8
Re: What causes carb to move to fast idle position? Choke thermostat?
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2022, 03:53:56 PM »
Here. Hopefully this is detailed enough to explain what you should be seeing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i-lUwsrDNk
Thanks, great explanation! On mine I can't duplicate that because my SolVac isn't near the screw even when fully warm, fast idle cam completely off.

Online MIPS

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 44
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2022, 04:20:52 PM »
Yep. Time for a swap then.
I've listed a Mopar and Borg Warner part number in the description.

Offline 86Woodgrain

• Administrator
  • Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2022, 04:26:03 PM »
Thanks. Funny both of mine are the same in terms of how far or not far they stick out with 12V applied.

For reference here's a copy and paste so I can look it up later
Defective Sol-Vac units (open coil or bad diaphragm) should be replaced. Replacement part cross-references I know of are:
Mopar: 83500342
Federal Mogul/Borg Warner: 213-245

Offline 86Woodgrain

• Administrator
  • Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2022, 11:44:34 PM »
Update: I have not been able to drive my car recently due to a tire issue and doing some tinkering on it.... but I have some exciting news!

I contacted the seller on eBay with the SoleVac unit for sale in the USA and they after a week or so enabled shipping to Canada. So I was finally able to buy it!! Woohoo, it was kinda pricey at $103 Metric Dollars after all is said and done but that will be a new NOS part so yay. The smarter thing to do would be to put that money toward EFI swap but hey I'm trying to keep things original, I'm a little weird like that.

Next up I really need tires, and I need to drop the gas tank and replace the sending unit with one that is accurate. Install those mudflaps I mentioned in the other thread and then I can get back to tweaking the choke! I haven't actually got much done on the car in the last little bit but hopefully in the next 2 weeks I should be able to make some progress again.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2022, 11:45:40 PM by 86Woodgrain »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk