News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 03:08:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mad Engineer Willing to help in Boulder County, CO  (Read 6658 times)

Offline atmafox

• Mad Engineer
  • Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 8
Mad Engineer Willing to help in Boulder County, CO
« on: March 27, 2019, 09:53:37 PM »
Tear down and rebuild an engine?  Can do -- mind, I do have to send it out for the machining.  Still.  Heck, even semi-successfully rebuilt an automatic (AW4/A340E) gearbox with the wife, but we ended up paying a shop to do it over 'cause we got a few things not quite perfect.  Still, ran and went through over half the gears including reverse successfully which is more'n most first time and without the proper jigs folks can manage with an automatic rebuild.

Electrical, too.  Plus drivability diagnosis, and while no certifications I've learned my way around automotive AC well enough to be dangerous.

So yeah, feel free to ping me for general mechanical advice or more specialized stuff.  If anyone's seen Wangan Midnight, serious life goal to be Iketani but female. =D
Mine:
- 1980 AMC Eagle 2dr Sedan
- 2009 BMW 335i xDrive Coupe

Ours:
- 1986 Toyota Pickup

Hers:
- 1988 Toyota Supra Turbo
- 1988 Toyota Celica All-Trac
- 1997 Toyota RAV4 2dr 4x4

His:
- 1985 Nissan 720 Pickup Deluxe King Cab 4x4

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk