News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 29, 2024, 02:15:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hello and thanks!  (Read 1616 times)

Offline GaryKanel

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 5
Hello and thanks!
« on: August 14, 2014, 09:07:33 AM »
Hi guys, just wanted to take a minute and say hello. If it wasn't for this site I wouldn't be the proud new owner of a 1986 Eagle wagon. I'm an accidental fan so to speak. I've never owned an AMC or a four wheel drive even.

I had been looking for a second car as a backup for my 1961 Ford Falcon Ranchero I use as a daily driver. Got a baby on the way and the Ranchero just wouldn't cut it for hauling kiddo. I'm building a 1960 Falcon wagon but it won't be ready in time. So pouring over craigslist for months looking for a four door, a cool wagon, an all wheel drive would be great, and not break the bank with another payment. Hard combination to come up with until I stumbled across the ad for the Eagle.

It was priced so cheap I wondered what could be wrong, or known issues that would keep it from being worth buying. Immediately started researching and found this site along with the buying tips. With that information we took an hour drive to go look at it. Long story short I drove it home that night with no problems.

So thank you for having this site and the info provided. I've got a few questions yet to ask and look forward to talking with ya'll.

Offline Amc1320

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 48
Re: Hello and thanks!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 10:16:36 PM »
Hello and congrats!

I haul kids to school and such in my eagle wagon every day!

Welcome to the den, nice looking eagle you got there
Rob c
84 Eagle Limited Wagon (driven everyday)
81 Eagle Kammback
81 Spirit (undergoing surgery)
83 Spirit (parts car giving it all to keep the rest going)
Manchester, TN

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 209
Re: Hello and thanks!
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 11:41:42 PM »
Welcome. Nice looking wagon. I would be interested in hearing about your Falcon project.
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk