News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 12, 2024, 05:37:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: No name for this beauty....yet!  (Read 7495 times)

bigKlittlecar

Re: No name for this beauty....yet!
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2013, 12:53:10 AM »
damnit, can't upload pics at all it seems.....
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 01:17:42 AM by bigKlittlecar »

bigKlittlecar

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2013, 02:40:50 AM »
Picked the apt name of "Sheila" for this bird:) paint is almost done and she's soon ready to get back on the road!!

Offline rollguy

• Turbo Diesel Eagle
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 84
  • Southern California
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2013, 04:22:46 PM »
I (and maybe others) am wondering why the rattlecan paint job?  The original paint looked awesome from the photos.
1980 Eagle Turbodiesel Wagon (only 2 known to exist as of 2008)- 7-7-2011 Flight to it's new nest @ Rambler Ranch
1983 Eagle Wagon  Tan over Copper
1982 Eagle SX4 "ALTREGL"  (avatar photo)
1982 Eagle 4 Door Sedan  Copper over Satin Black
1985 Eagle Sport Wagon October 2007 ROTM (SOLD)
4 Biofuel powered Benzs ('98 E300, '82 300 CD, '82 300 TD (wagon), '80 240 D)
1983 GMC Van (6.2 Diesel)
1985 Mitsubishi pickup (2.3 Turbodiesel)

bigKlittlecar

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2013, 04:43:57 PM »
Both my wife and I are not fans of the many shades of brown...although you are right, the original paint was very good but it had a number of spray paint repairs done by po:( so new paint job won the day!! And I can't afford to do it properly either so spray cans it was

bigKlittlecar

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2013, 06:04:34 PM »
Also I HAD to fix the rear opera windows which were pretty damaged by rust under the cracked vinyl roof... Man that was a tedious job scraping glue and old vinyl but needed to be done!! It stopped the leaks I had of water getting in, which of course has destroyed the headliner( project for another day;)

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2013, 12:38:25 PM »
I had a '73 Buick LeSabre with a messed up vinyl roof (which was really the least of it's problems as it was green and I had not yet figured out they were unlucky for me) I tore the old roof off and fiberglassed the rust holes underneath then used sundeck coating (which was like bedliner now) with added traction bits for a rough texture. Looked sharp when it was done (I bought the car for $75, fixed the roof and spray lubed the driveshaft double cardan) I sold it for $2000 (paid off my student loan) then the guy couldn't afford the gas so he bought a Toyota I had just fixed for $500 plus the Buick.
   A week later I was parked in a school parking lot and a Bronco slammed into me, bending the frame 18" to the right (I used a tractor to straighten it out). Insurance company found me guilty of the accident (because my license had expired and the guy who hit me had police and politicians in his family) and I was denied my day in court to boot. If I knew then what I know now, I would've won. I was forced into bankruptcy just so I could get my license back. (that was 30 years ago)
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2013, 10:44:51 PM »
Very nice looking sedan...especially for the price!
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk