News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 05, 2024, 11:48:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: throttle control rod/kickdown  (Read 2715 times)

Offline 84eaglelmz

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 1
throttle control rod/kickdown
« on: April 27, 2013, 08:57:57 PM »
Can someone explain to me how adjust it so it works correctly When I floor the car it doesnt down shift. I read the procedure in the book but im not sure If I understand it< i loosen the to bolts and slide the rod right? but where do I put it?

Offline Jurjen

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 168
  • Dutch Eagle Preservation Front
Re: throttle control rod/kickdown
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 04:54:08 AM »
No rocket science involved.
For basic adjustment, make sure the engine is warm or at least that the choke is off and not on high idle. Release the bolts on the kickdown rod adjustment and push the rod back (to the rear of the car) and tighten the bolts again.
Make a test drive. Mine was shifting late after this basic adjustment.
I adjusted the kickdown rod 3/8" forward and then it was just fine.
"sparrows fly in flocks, eagles fly alone"

Eagle Wagon Limited 1983, Citroen C-Crosser 2010, Triumph Bonneville 1969, Yamaha XJR1300 1999, Yamaha TX750 1973

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf0jpiW6tRI

Click for Leeuwarden, Netherlands Forecast" height="90" width="160

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 02:04:12 AM »
You make the rod longer until it downshifts when you mash the pedal. This is assuming it is correctly hooked up and not just flopping around on the shift lever below.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline 84eaglelmz

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 05:47:24 PM »
Yeah its hooked up right. Ill mess around with it after I put Gronks MC 2150 on this car.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk