News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 18, 2024, 01:48:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Blower works on AC, sounds like a wounded animal on heat and shuts off  (Read 2429 times)

Offline DGeagle

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 13
  • Forget the Whales, Save the Eagles!!!
Blower motor works fine on AC and blows at all settings, however when on heat, def, or blend, it squalls and works for a while, then eventually stops.  I can go back to AC and it blows full blast again.  Any ideas?  I looked all over the forum but couldnt' find this particular problem. 
87 Eagle Sedan--86 Eagle Sedan--98 XJ 4.6 stroker--81 Concord--78 Pacer V-8--74 Gremlin V-8- 78 Concord AMX V-8--89 Grand Wagoneers--76 J-10--69,70,71 AMX--71,73 Javelin--70 Rebel Machine, 48 Packard, 47 Nash, Many other AMC's, Fords, and Mopars....
Too Many cars too little time!!

Offline SpreadEagle

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 12
Re: Blower works on AC, sounds like a wounded animal on heat and shuts off
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 09:55:30 PM »
Mine squalls when I first turn it on but doesn't stop.. I think a bearing in a fan.
'81 Kammback
'81 SX/4(Parts)

Offline carguy87

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 11
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 10:13:44 PM »
You might have some insulation falling off of your blend door and jamming the motor. Is there any binding in the ac/heat lever?  Try checking for debris in your air box as well.

Offline DGeagle

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 13
  • Forget the Whales, Save the Eagles!!!
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 10:18:22 PM »
Didn't think about insulation falling off.  It does bind some, but doesnt seem to be any more than any other old car. 
87 Eagle Sedan--86 Eagle Sedan--98 XJ 4.6 stroker--81 Concord--78 Pacer V-8--74 Gremlin V-8- 78 Concord AMX V-8--89 Grand Wagoneers--76 J-10--69,70,71 AMX--71,73 Javelin--70 Rebel Machine, 48 Packard, 47 Nash, Many other AMC's, Fords, and Mopars....
Too Many cars too little time!!

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 01:54:18 AM »
3 nuts under the hood to pull the motor IF your AC lines aren't routed over it (or cruise, etc) I did mine not long ago.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk