News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 13, 2024, 09:48:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Shipping the Eagle  (Read 5288 times)

Offline mechanic80

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 7
  • 87 Limited Wagon
Shipping the Eagle
« on: January 06, 2012, 09:31:50 AM »
I recently bought an '87 Eagle from a New Brighton, PA dealer.  I live in Albuquerque, NM.  I had arrangements with New Way Moving Services to transport the vehicle.  It's been weeks and they haven't even made pick-up plans.  Is there anyone who has had a GOOD experience with transporters?  I e-mailed "the official transporter for the Forum" and he no longer is able to haul cars.  I'd really like to get the Eagle home.   :help:
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean everyone's  NOT out to get you! :amc:

Offline eagleman

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
Re: Shipping the Eagle
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 09:59:47 AM »
Mechanic80,When I bought my 86 wagon a few months ago I went through the same process.Who to trust who not to trust and on and on it went.Did a bunch of reading on what to do and what not to do and finally went with a company called Aaall shipping and really glad I did. Talked to a guy named Ric who was very polite anwsered all my questions and they don't charge you until the car is picked up.In this case it was four days and it was in my driveway.From New Jersey to Ohio for four hundred and fifty bucks insured. One hundred and fifty when car is picked up and the rest cash when its in your driveway.Was very happy with Aaall shipping and if shipping another auto would most definally go with them again. Hope this helps! Again Aaall shipping and ask for Ric, phone 866-769 or 712-975-1995
Turkeys walk.Eagles fly!!!

Offline mechanic80

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 7
  • 87 Limited Wagon
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 10:08:52 AM »
Thanks! I got an quote quickly for a reasonable cost.

Offline mr.mindless

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • Rochester NY
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 10:07:50 PM »
I do some transportation myself but I've got a day job, so I've got to stick regional.. Within 800 miles or so of Rochester is about as far as I go.

Just throwing it out there.  Glad you seem to have found someone
Michael Maskalans
Codriver, Game Day Racing - Ultra4 #571
'98 Dakota - tons & 42s
'97 Ram 3500 - 13sp RoadRanger

'87 Eagle Wagon 258/auto "Saint Michael" - Daily driver status.
'84 Eagle Wagon 258/auto "Swamp Thing" - project in need of a bath
'84 Eagle Wagon 258/4sp - parts car

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 12:22:30 AM »
Ther used to be a guy that was the kinda like the official, unofficial transporter of the nest...I think he may have retired though.
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 213
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 12:29:49 AM »
Ther used to be a guy that was the kinda like the official, unofficial transporter of the nest...I think he may have retired though.

SleepsUnderCars used to fill that role when he could, but if I remember correctly his new job prevents him from doing that anymore. 
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline mr.mindless

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • Rochester NY
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 01:08:01 AM »
I didn't really see a forum for that, if there was a place I could throw my trips up for folks who might need a mule, I'd sure do that... All I've got scheduled now driving wise is a trip to Cleveland weekend after next for a monster truck show, but I get down to PA and NJ once in a while, VA, CT...  Brought a basket case Mustang project up from NC a month or so ago.

I love driving, so I look for excuses; having a buddy that runs the fleet for a regional automotive warehouse and also having a 36' deck gooseneck work out pretty well for that sometimes.
Michael Maskalans
'98 Dakota - tons & 42s

Offline mechanic80

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 7
  • 87 Limited Wagon
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 08:11:09 AM »
Thanks for the input.  The "new arrival" got here Monday morning.  It was filthy and didn't run too badly for a 5000' difference in elevation.  I believe he said his name was Rudy.... yeah that's it, Rudy!  With GRONK's help, I'll be doing the Motorcraft carb swap very shortly.  Will keep everyone posted.   A pic appears under "New Arrival" in search. :amc:

Offline Pat

• Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 56
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 10:15:42 AM »
I didn't really see a forum for that, if there was a place I could throw my trips up for folks who might need a mule, I'd sure do that... All I've got scheduled now driving wise is a trip to Cleveland weekend after next for a monster truck show, but I get down to PA and NJ once in a while, VA, CT...  Brought a basket case Mustang project up from NC a month or so ago.

I love driving, so I look for excuses; having a buddy that runs the fleet for a regional automotive warehouse and also having a 36' deck gooseneck work out pretty well for that sometimes.

Sounds like it might fit in The Bucket Brigade section.
1995 Jeep Cherokee "Bleep"

No pic here - BlackBird - My '86 AMC Eagle wagon

R.I.P Old Rusty - My '91 F150

Offline mr.mindless

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • Rochester NY
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 10:32:55 AM »
good call
Michael Maskalans
'98 Dakota - tons & 42s

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk