News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 16, 2024, 11:20:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Carb swap  (Read 2789 times)

Offline Diogenis

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
Carb swap
« on: September 14, 2011, 12:40:00 PM »
So i purchased a motorcraft 2100 carb to put in my eagle almost a year ago and im only getting to work on the eagle again now. So upon having my mechanic trying to install it he said the adapter plate i had for it was wrong. Im trying to stay in touch with mr ehrmann about this but it takes time to get replies. He said the adapter plate i have is for a 4 bbl intake and asked me what i had in my car. The only thing is i dont know. Not to mechanically inclined. I know i have a stock 1983 eagle sx/4 with the inline 6 3.2 liters i think. So basically im askin does anyone have any experience with this carb swap? What adapter plate do i actually need, and where can i get it if i cant get mr ehrmann assistance? Any help would be appreciated. My mechanic is impatient so im trying to get the adapter asap!

Offline jim

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 102
Re: Carb swap
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 01:33:45 PM »
If stock, inline 6, 4.2 liter, carb is Carter 2 barrel BBD.
Mr. Ehrmann has a very good reputation.  You will probably hear from him soon.
I'm right 98% of the time, and I don't care about the other 3%.
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people;
that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
--Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824. ME 16:45
What part of "shall not be infringed" do they not understand?
08 Impala
01 Yukon 4X4
(There's more to life than fuel mileage)
83 Eagle wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
88 Eagle white woody wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
86 wagon parts car
Click for Little Rock, AR Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline craigp29690

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 9
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 02:13:14 PM »
Did you purchase the carb from Mr Earhmann (GRONK on this forum) or did you buy it elsewhere?   There is a Mr. Gasket adapter that can be bought at most autoparts stores.  I don't have the particular part number handy.   There are some nuances with the conversion that the average mechanic probably wil no tbe familiar with unless they've worked on some AMC Eagles. 
1957 Nash Rambler
1964 Rambler Classic 770 2dr
1965 Rambler Classic Wagon              NON-AMC
1966 Rambler Classic Wagon              1981 MAZDA 626 (RWD)
1972 AMC Ambassador Wagon           1991 MAZDA MX5
1981 AMC Concord Wagon                1978 Dodge Magnum XE
1984 AMC Eagle Wagon Ltd        
1987 AMC Eagle Wagon Ltd           Yes I have a few toys..........

Offline Diogenis

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 02:19:43 PM »
Keeping my fingers crossed he does. He is very helpful. And my mechanics older brother worked on some eagles. Hes a very old school mechanic. As for that mr gasket thing ill have to look into it. I guess i gotta take a trip to an autozone after work.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk