News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 14, 2024, 04:38:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bluebird flew the coupe.  (Read 21296 times)

Offline doneagle

• A.M.C. EAGLES ARE EXSITEMENT
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
Re: Bluebird comes home!
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2011, 12:23:30 AM »

HI        Have you made any progress with Blue bird ..You have a good body to start with a little pant
                and some T L C and you will have a sharp car ... I hope you find the bug soon .........Don
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

There are Eagles lovers and there are the uneducated and the best we can do
with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2011, 01:05:15 AM »
Hi Don,

I think bluebird is going to be passed on to Tougeagle. I really need to spend what little free time I got on Ginger. Ive been in this situation in the past and I wound up with 2 partially completed cars that I never got done. Ginger is really my one true love and I really got alot tied up in her. I thought long and hard the other day, and Its just not fair for Bluebird to be put on the backbuner, She needs a good home where she will be fixed up and driven regularly.... Tougeagle will certainly give her that.!! Its the least I can do for Toug as he is going to help me install my EFI and wire in the computer...as well as fine tune everything.....Ill keep ya all posted on Bluebirds trip to Greely. I do still need to get her running....Im going to install a new distributor and if thats not it an ICM...I really want it to be running when Toug comes to get it.
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline doneagle

• A.M.C. EAGLES ARE EXSITEMENT
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2011, 09:19:28 AM »

HI     Shane   I know how you fell  two pots on a one burner stove doeant work that good .....I had to stop trying to fix all and consentrate on one ...I would like to see you have 2 eagles but I know your right maybe
 later youal find a   sx or   kam    that you fall in love with..........Don
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

There are Eagles lovers and there are the uneducated and the best we can do
with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

Offline tougeagle

• Horses, rodeos, diesel trucks and AMC Eagles
  • Thumbs Up 75
  • There are many like it, but this one is mine
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2011, 09:13:01 PM »
If you don't mind, after work I'd love to come by and check it out on thursday.... that also kinda depends on when I get off of work, and what time you go to bed, cus I wouldn't get there until late... maybe I'll pay for another night at the hotel and come up friday morning or somethign... decisions decisions.... If nothing else, just keep me posted on whether or not you're able to get her running this week. I'm working twelve hour shifts every day until friday, but I'll have to leave on thursday night unless I pay for another room... Just keep me posted XD I'll have a friend come down with me and follow me with caroline back to greeley.
Upcoming 1982 Wagon "The Silver Bullet"
Goals: 550hp/600tq 4.5L EFI Turbo Stroker, Tremec 6 speed manual
2007 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins 6 speed 600+hp/1400+tq fully deleted
1998 Honda Civic "the hoopdy"

What's your 'sona?

A dream car does not have to be beautiful in the eyes of others, it's not theirs.

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2011, 12:19:23 AM »
I switched the coil and it fired right up! it stays running as long as i pump the gas...will not idle...just dies when I let off the gas. The guy I got it from said there was a vaccum hose that comes off from time to time and it causes the car to stall out. Any one have an Idea which one it might be....I see a bunch of hoses disconnected and split etc. Which ones are the more "vital" vaccum lines....any help would be awesome.

Don: I'm really not sad to see it go cuz I know its going to be in very good hands...I would never sell an Eagle to anyone who isn't a nest member! Ginger is the most extensive Eagle project I have ever been involved in and I need to stay focused. If another Eagle comes along before Ginger is done theres still a good chance ill snatch it up. Bluebird would be a great rust free project car...but Ive already got my project wagon...but after ginger I would really like an sx4 or kamback....plus I will have a lot more know how and confidence after this restoration.

Offline brentsydlik

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 10
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2011, 03:14:21 PM »
also if you have the auto the you prolly need the vaccum line that runs the modulator on the lefthand side of the transmission...

Offline mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 167
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2011, 03:29:21 PM »
also if you have the auto the you prolly need the vaccum line that runs the modulator on the lefthand side of the transmission...

No vac on an eagle trans

Manitowoc WI

Offline brentsydlik

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 10
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2011, 06:23:03 PM »
oh ok...  :dontknow:

Offline philotomy

• Northeast Kingdom, VT.Eagle
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 24
  • AMC guy 'till the day I die
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2011, 06:26:29 PM »
I believe the AMC trannys used kickdown cables,so no vacuum needed there
Philotomy,(my old  D+D Hobbit character) noun,pronounced "fil oto mee",but you can call me Don
1987 Eagle station wagon 4.2 mpfi

Offline brentsydlik

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 10
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2011, 06:32:05 PM »
good to know... ill go rip the rest of them out now! just kidding. its like 95 degrees out. i aint doin didly!!!

Offline mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 167
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2011, 06:51:29 PM »
I believe the AMC trannys used kickdown cables,so no vacuum needed there

Technically a kick rod

Manitowoc WI

Offline philotomy

• Northeast Kingdom, VT.Eagle
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 24
  • AMC guy 'till the day I die
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2011, 10:14:02 PM »
quite correct,I forget mine isn't stock
Philotomy,(my old  D+D Hobbit character) noun,pronounced "fil oto mee",but you can call me Don
1987 Eagle station wagon 4.2 mpfi

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2011, 12:07:47 AM »
I ran it for about 5 minutes and it did finally idle...but rough!...once that engine got hot all that caked on oil started to burn off...Looked like one of those oil rig fires..LOL....luv that plastic valve cover!...Im gonna pull the plugs nad see if they may be fowled.

Offline tougeagle

• Horses, rodeos, diesel trucks and AMC Eagles
  • Thumbs Up 75
  • There are many like it, but this one is mine
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2011, 01:59:00 AM »
I ran it for about 5 minutes and it did finally idle...but rough!...once that engine got hot all that caked on oil started to burn off...Looked like one of those oil rig fires..LOL....luv that plastic valve cover!...Im gonna pull the plugs nad see if they may be fowled.
If I'm there on friday (which I may be, it's a half day, end at noon) I'll have a can of seafoam with me, I'll put it down into teh carb bowl vent, the idle tubes may be gummed up. I'll bring some purple power with me too, lol
Upcoming 1982 Wagon "The Silver Bullet"
Goals: 550hp/600tq 4.5L EFI Turbo Stroker, Tremec 6 speed manual
2007 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins 6 speed 600+hp/1400+tq fully deleted
1998 Honda Civic "the hoopdy"

What's your 'sona?

A dream car does not have to be beautiful in the eyes of others, it's not theirs.

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2011, 01:26:29 AM »
Ill be out of town friday but Ill leave the keys and title and all that stuff in the car. I didnt get a chance to change the oil yet but it looks pretty clean. I havent got to look at the rear diff. or trans.either. Your more than welcome to come up and work on her or take her if your able. The alternator, bracket, bolts, and spare handle are on the floor in the back seat....Ill grab the belts tomorrow and have them there too. My grandfather lives right next door so if ya need any tools or anything we got alot of stuff in the garage ...Ill PM directions to my place.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk