News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 11, 2024, 04:44:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: FCA bringing back some old names :)  (Read 3308 times)

Offline Nightpath

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 17
FCA bringing back some old names :)
« on: May 01, 2015, 08:31:54 AM »
Fond this tidbit, apparently FCA is going to revive the Grand Wagoneer and Hornet. I've heard about the 1st, but the second is a surprise.

http://allparnews.com/index.php/2015/04/hornet-returns-grand-wagoneer-trademarked-28552

Could it be a matter of time until they revive the Eagle name for a 4x4 crossover wagon? Seems like FCA does different things and actually likes to shake things up.

Offline Newgenerationamcer

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • AMC till the day I die
Re: FCA bringing back some old names :)
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 09:36:42 AM »
Lest hope they dont ruin another namplate like they did with the Renegade

Offline recomer

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 25
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 09:52:08 AM »
Well, if that car in the picture is the new Hornet, then too late. Its ruined. looks like a fiat.
83 Eagle Wagon

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 10:18:49 AM »
I'm would assume Hudson fans weren't too welcoming of the AMC Hornet.
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline Nightpath

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 17
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2015, 10:20:03 AM »
That thing in the pic is a test version of the Fiat Panda I believe, which in it's own right is a really cool little SUV. Saw them when I was over in the UK, it's what prompted them to make the new Renegade (which I saw in Paris before it was released here) which in it's own right is a sweet little ride.

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2015, 12:32:13 PM »
I had a Lada Niva (when I worked for the Lada dealer up in BC swapping out the Lada diesel tractor motors and installing fuel injected Fiat motors for emissions passing) It was a fun little rig, but sadly they kept the Fiat Panda #22 wiring spaghetti. I rewired the whole car front to back (took 3 days) and made it more reliable. Last I heard my buddy I sold it to was still driving it, but the rust cancer was getting to it.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline Nightpath

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 17
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2015, 12:52:52 PM »
MMMM Lada Niva, nothing like Russian engineering at it's finest.

Offline recomer

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 25
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2015, 01:57:56 PM »
Sorry, I cant equate anything Fiat makes to justify using the word cool in the same sentence.
83 Eagle Wagon

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2015, 02:05:17 PM »
Hah! You mean Italian, right? They bought the Gen I Fiat Panda plant equipment and moved it to Russia. Same with all the original Lada cars.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk