News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• June 03, 2024, 07:42:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Progress is being made  (Read 62187 times)

Offline 83Eagle!

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 180
Re: Progress is being made
« Reply #120 on: January 30, 2011, 12:05:44 AM »
Very Nice!!! Thats one sharp lookin Eagle!!

Thanks.  I think it is really starting to take shape.
Click for La_Vista, Ne Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion
1985 Mallard Class C motor home

After our fiasco with the Toyota Corolla I got for my wife I believe I am done with Japanese vehicles.

Dude you are preaching to a choir member that is close to becoming an AMC Minister if you know what I mean.

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #121 on: January 30, 2011, 01:27:22 AM »
That Concord grill will look hot..it has a more luxurious  look than the egg crate grill
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 180
« Reply #122 on: January 30, 2011, 09:50:47 AM »
Yeah I think the Concord Grille will look nicer than the eggcrate.  Hopefully I'll be able to install it sometime.  I have been having trouble locating some screws to install it.  I lost most of mine that hold my grille on at the Omaha meet.  thereverendbill thinks he may have found a solution for me though.

man that things nice, headliner looks very good!! funny how them dome lights look exactly like the ones in my 80s ford trucks!

Good to know about the done lights.  I'll have to check the Ford trucks next time I am at the 'yard.  I would love to be able to wire up another done light in the cargo area of the Eagle.

are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion

After our fiasco with the Toyota Corolla I got for my wife I believe I am done with Japanese vehicles.

Dude you are preaching to a choir member that is close to becoming an AMC Minister if you know what I mean.

Offline Petr

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
  • Eagle 1980 Sport Wagon
« Reply #123 on: January 31, 2011, 04:45:40 AM »
From which car is push bar ? It looks great !
Eagle Sport Wagon 1980
Suzuki Grand Vitara 2007

Click for Praha, Česko Forecast" height="90" width="160     

Let's train the new generation. While we are getting old, let's train our drivers for our future !

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 180
« Reply #124 on: January 31, 2011, 08:07:34 AM »
From which car is push bar ? It looks great !

I got the push bar used from a guy in a neighboring town.  It is from a 1991 XJ Jeep Cherokee. 

From what I have found the brand of push bar I have is sold by JC Whitney.  To get one to fit an Eagle you have to get one for a 1984-1996 XJ Jeep Cherokee or an 84-92 Ford Ranger/Bronco II.

are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 180
« Reply #125 on: April 10, 2011, 08:47:38 PM »
Bought everything else I need for the HEI upgrade tonight.  Autozone is likely going to lose my business over it.  I had $20 in rewards Bucks that they would not let me use.  Then the jerk did not give me my change.  Granted it was just $1.50, but still.  He insisted that I gave him exact change. 

The rewards system at Autozone has been good to me.  Maybe I just need to go to a different location from now on.  Sucks because this one is a half mile from me.

Here's everything I got....
50k volt HEI Distributor 6511-R geared for the 258-Skip White Performane of Tennessee
HEI Pigtail from Summit Racing (beat Autozone & O'Reilly's by $3 shipped)
6 Champion Copper Spark Plugs part #82 Autozone
Accel 8.8 mm plug wire set-decided on this set because they can be cut to fit
Then I bought some anti-seize.

Got a Lowe's gift card for my birthday too.  I am going to raid their hardware section tomorrow or Tuesday and try and find some screws for my grille. 

No idea when I am going to get to this upgrade.  I have to finish up my current repair to the popup camper.  I put new wheels and tires on the popup, then got the lift system serviced (got ripped off).  I repacked the wheel brearings myself.  Now I am fixing the support poles as they have pushed through the floor (one done; 3 to go) only cost me $20 to fix the poles.

are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 477
« Reply #126 on: April 10, 2011, 09:24:31 PM »
Glad to hear you got it all Brandon.  Sounds like that AZ has a jerk for a counter person.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 180
« Reply #127 on: April 10, 2011, 09:56:34 PM »
Glad to hear you got it all Brandon.  Sounds like that AZ has a jerk for a counter person.

The more I think about it; he might have just been having a bad day.  The rewards points can only be used at the register with the card.  I can use them online, though I think.  So, I'll just have to buy online and pick up at the store.   IIRC they can do that.

are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion

Offline thereverendbill

• Thumbs Up 85
  • as seen on the internet
« Reply #128 on: April 10, 2011, 10:51:03 PM »

The more I think about it; he might have just been having a bad day.  The rewards points can only be used at the register with the card.  I can use them online, though I think.  So, I'll just have to buy online and pick up at the store.   IIRC they can do that.
I try and aviod parts stores at all costs these days unless I need something simple like today.  So i went to autozone and got 2 cans of carb cleaner for my idle tubes and at the register the guy tries to sell me fuel injector cleaner.  I told him that i have no need for that for my car, then he goes on and on how it will keep my injectors clean and how it will keep them working for longer yadda, yadda, yadda .... i had to tell him to stop and pick up one of the cans of carb cleaner and say "carb cleaner! No injectors!".  i am now starting to get my wife's reasoning for not taking me anywhere these days ;D
1980 Eagle 2 door sedan (future solid axle swap)
1981 Eagle Kammback (restoration in progress)
1983 SX/4 SOLD
1983 Eagle Limited wagon  *For Sale* SOLD
1988 Jeep Comanche Pioneer (daily driver)
Click for YOUR TOWN, STATE Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

another amc forum
www.amcevolution.com

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 477
« Reply #129 on: April 11, 2011, 06:22:02 AM »
did you have to tell 'me what a carburetor is?

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;

Offline thereverendbill

• Thumbs Up 85
  • as seen on the internet
« Reply #130 on: April 11, 2011, 06:12:23 PM »
did you have to tell 'me what a carburetor is?
nope and i wouldn't cause i wouldn't want their heads to explode.  anymore i shutter when i pull into a parts store parking lot and see nothing but newer cars and trucks
1980 Eagle 2 door sedan (future solid axle swap)
1981 Eagle Kammback (restoration in progress)
1983 SX/4 SOLD
1983 Eagle Limited wagon  *For Sale* SOLD
1988 Jeep Comanche Pioneer (daily driver)
Click for YOUR TOWN, STATE Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

another amc forum
www.amcevolution.com

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 180
« Reply #131 on: April 11, 2011, 07:00:52 PM »
That's why I go in there with parts numbers.  They still try to look stuff up via application, which I avoid because I dread the question, "You mean GMC, right?" or "Don't you mean GMC?"

I avoided that question narrowly when I got the HEI parts, but I got the, "You know that won't fit your 258 right?"  I replied, "It won't stock, but it will when I am done with it."

are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 477
« Reply #132 on: April 12, 2011, 08:10:56 PM »
What ever happened to the days where parts stores encouraged experimentation and modifications?

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;

Offline shaggimo

• Thumbs Up 90
  • When "6" just won't do.......
« Reply #133 on: April 13, 2011, 09:02:43 AM »
lol, I think it went byebye when they stopped teaching their staff how to use a paper catolog  ::). I had to inform a counter guy the other day that there is a paper catolog in the store that would list a u-joint for an eagle (I used to work at said store), he didn't believe me, so he called the manager over to ask what I was talking about  :banghead:. They had the u-joint in stock to boot, go figure, lol.
88 xj cherokee- ((4)(4))2
81 malibu 4dr- Identity Crisis
81 SX4- gf's
84 Eagle 4dr sedan- it followed me home... ::)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/Oldsmoletic
CNY

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 180
« Reply #134 on: April 13, 2011, 09:46:03 AM »
What ever happened to the days where parts stores encouraged experimentation and modifications?

Gone as soon as they started hiring non-car people to work the counters.  Now if the computer says it won't work then a lot of them refeuse to sell you stuff.  I also get recomendations for stuff that I know won't work.  For example the socket I bought for the oxygen sensor on the Elantra. 

are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk