News:

Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Den.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.  And, if you were you banned at another AMC Eagle Forum and cannot log in here?  Let us know and we will fix it for you. 

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• August 19, 2019, 04:38:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CeC Technical Info?  (Read 181 times)

Offline MIPS

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
CeC Technical Info?
« on: May 12, 2019, 01:20:06 AM »
Before I dig too deep into how the 6-cylinder CeC worked, has anyone already documented the inner-workings of the computer and it's internally supporting electronics? Depotting one of these things can be done but I know better ways to spend an afternoon.

Offline amarshall

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 15
Re: CeC Technical Info?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 03:22:58 PM »
Strange that this just popped up on another forum:  http://www.vcfed.org/forum/entry.php?768-Depotting-an-80-s-MCU-from-Ford-for-AMC

Maybe this is you, MIPS?  Either way, holy cow what a project to take on.  Reverse engineering the AMC CEC system...
Wanted:  More time to work on my Eagle!

1988 Eagle Wagon - Overlander Build
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=45852.0

Offline MIPS

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
Re: CeC Technical Info?
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 08:06:15 PM »
Yes that is indeed me. I was on the fence what forum to start talking about this on and ended up going all-in on the AMC Forum http://theamcforum.com/forum/cec-technical-information_topic99727.html

PLUS, as you saw I did post an article on yet another site where I better discussed how to depot and expose the inner workings of the computer.
Don't call me an expert but I'm doing what I can to find out precisely how the CeC works and what can be done to improve or completely replace it without requiring a complete overhaul if the harness and sensors.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 08:07:34 PM by MIPS »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk