News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 07:26:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Aftermarket lighting  (Read 6168 times)

Offline Hawk258

• Theoretical Customizer with Dilutions of engineering greatness
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • With Great horsepower comes great FUN!
Aftermarket lighting
« on: March 13, 2018, 09:49:36 PM »
Hey folks, sorry to be AFK.

I found the solution to the headlights. If you want modern composite 4x6 headlights then here ya go.

http://truck.uapac.com/product/cont?pid=15143

Read the PDF. Each light is independently adjustable. ($600+ likely) however it is led, modern and might give some of you something to shoot for.

I am also working on custom tail lights using over the counter parts and either molding my own lenses or vacuum forming lexan lenses (depends on cost)

I will be posting possible designs if requested.

Ingenuity through stupidity, Do something stupid and through Ingenuity you will find a way out of it.

1981 AMC Eagle (Currently in need of a bellhousing OR the project to iron it's self out)

1982 Subaru Brat White (Daily driver inheritence from mom ((Don't worry mom I won't break it))
other prior vehicles include:
1985 Dodge (OMNI) charger
1979 Dodge Ram Charger
1985 Dodge Diplomate
1982 Subaru wagon
1980 AMC Spirit
1982 AMC Eagle wagon (Was going to be parts car)

Offline Kimster521

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 0
Re: Aftermarket lighting
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2019, 10:27:34 PM »
did you ever figure a after market fix for the tail lights?

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 12:13:14 PM »

The original poster has not logged in for awhile.  You may get a quicker response by sending him a direct message or an email.  Good luck, let us know what you find out!!  Thanks.
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline v0rt3x86

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 16
  • Day at the Beach
    • MySpace
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2019, 09:38:49 PM »

You'd be better off just swapping in LED bulbs like the ZEVOs, then switch to an electronic flasher.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk