Choose style:

Author Topic: v8 swap ideas  (Read 1062 times)

Offline Cjackson3396

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 0
v8 swap ideas
« on: March 09, 2016, 12:20:09 PM »
I'm getting ready to start my eagle project and was wondering about dropping in a v8 amc preferably...gunna be automatic..not entirely worried about keeping the eagle drive line planned on modifying to a solid axle anyways..are there any real issues to look for or can I drop and go since changing whole driveline..I know I'll have to modify the transmission hump to accommodate the bigger tranny and manual transfercase.. plz any help I also have a couple Chrysler motors too...or just build my 4.7 stroker again..I don't plan on beating it or mudding it much at all more of daily driver setup if I can but the 4.2 that's in it is done head has been off it for 10+ years hood off so elements been beating on it lol

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 183
Re: v8 swap ideas
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 02:06:08 PM »
I know there is a member that sells V8 engine mounts, but I believe those are intended to work if you are keeping the original front wheel drive set up.  Eaglefreek had a modified Eagle that had a Chevy V8 in it but I don't know all the particulars about what all the mods were.

Good luck, glad to hear you're planning to stick with an AMC engine.
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline Cjackson3396

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 0
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 03:11:43 PM »
Thanks...it's possible tho right...the donor vehicle is an old cj...planned on using its axles too but i gotta convert the front suspension...now a guy here at work said that putting leafs up front prolly would be a big deal but ride rough

Offline mo.eagles

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 10
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 05:38:54 PM »
Anything is possible.  V8's and SAS have been  done before and I think you will do another one .
'85 wagon Limited   tilt wheel , cruise control
power seats ,windows and locks
rear window washer /wiper 
tach and gauge package
A/C
 '85 wagon   power windows and locks
rear window washer/wiper
factory tow package
A/C
 '84 wagon parts

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 26 queries.