News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 22, 2024, 11:39:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Wheel Options  (Read 20042 times)

Offline eagleman

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
Re: New Wheel Options
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2012, 10:52:24 AM »
I would go with the hurricane wheels but drop the whitewalls. Just my 2 cents.
Turkeys walk.Eagles fly!!!

Prafeston

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2012, 10:55:33 AM »
If I get new wheels I'll be getting new tires and probably dropping the white walls and get a little bit bigger tire. I think I have like 195/70s on there now.

Offline Sunny

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2012, 12:53:01 PM »
I like the Hurricane wheels too.
I'd agree with no whitewall either.

Prafeston

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2012, 01:42:47 PM »
Wish I would have made a mock up of the Jeep Canyon rims...what do you guys think about those?

Offline mr.mindless

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • Rochester NY
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2012, 01:48:51 PM »
I voted for the turbines, but I really like those Canyons.  I have a set of Grizzlies going on, myself.
Michael Maskalans
Codriver, Game Day Racing - Ultra4 #571
'98 Dakota - tons & 42s
'97 Ram 3500 - 13sp RoadRanger

'87 Eagle Wagon 258/auto "Saint Michael" - Daily driver status.
'84 Eagle Wagon 258/auto "Swamp Thing" - project in need of a bath
'84 Eagle Wagon 258/4sp - parts car

Prafeston

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2012, 01:51:00 PM »
I found someone kind of local selling the canyons for 200 and they have some Michelin's on them that have 75% tread. 215/75s That seems a lot smaller than most of the tires found on these jeep wheels I've been looking at so they might actually fit on the Eagle.

Prafeston

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2012, 02:00:58 PM »
Mocked up the Canyons.

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2012, 02:32:39 PM »
You'll definitely need spacers out back to clear the nut on the axle in order to put the center cap on with the Canyons and you most likely will have to do a little trimming up front for the tires. But they will look great. 

Yes I said spacers. I'm referring to the ones that have lugs attached to them. An adapter changes bolt pattern and a spacer just spaces the wheels out further while using the same bolt pattern.  :P
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline doc65

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • Ogden, UT
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2012, 04:56:17 PM »
Those ones you have "mocked up" aren't really Canyons, they're off a Grand Cherokee(ZJ) kinda similar unless you've had 3-4 sets of each. The ZJ rims you have shown area a 15"x7" rim, the Canyons that you previously showed (as well as the Gamblers, 5 hole, and Ravines, similar to the Canyons) are a 15"x8" Rim, I tried a pair of canyons on the front of the Eagle , don't see that woring with out some major trimming.  The scrub radius is to large when you get that wide unless you had a way to take out some backspace.  Even the set of Ecco's(off a cherokee) I have on mine rub right now, but I figure that once I put the new springs in I should be ok(fingers crossed)...

Prafeston

« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2012, 05:13:14 PM »
The ones I mocked up are still the canyons, they are just from the ZJ, the deeper canyons were off the TJ. Found this very handy site.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f15/all-jeep-factory-wheels-names-pictures-1151525/

Also, the ones I mocked up were the actual wheels for sale locally and they are 15x7 and should fit better than the deep dish canyons.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 05:16:04 PM by Prafeston »

Offline doc65

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • Ogden, UT
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2012, 05:31:39 PM »
You/They may be right, but I'm not aware of the ZJ rims having had the same name(the ones that were used on the ZJ were in the same time frame that the Gamblers were the Optional Aluminum Wheels on TJ's, the Canyons on TJ's came later, there might however have been an overlap, I had a 97 with factory Gamblers, and ZJ's were only made thru 98).  Regardless if they are actually the 15"x7" off a ZJ they will fit much better than the 15x8 canyons off a TJ(though I really like the looks of the TJ ones)  the ZJ rims are the same size & offset as these Eccos I have as well as the XJ Steelies I have as well.  They don't clear the 225x70/15's I have on it, yet... but I like the stance of these tires in this size, just gotta get them to clear.

Prafeston

« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2012, 05:41:20 PM »
As you can see from this pic they are pretty much the exact same except the deeper canyons have the Jeep lettering on the Center caps.

Yeah, I'm curious to see how they would fit as the seller has them already equipped with 215/75/15s.

I'm also wanting to give my ride a subtle lift...so if they don't clear I'm hoping and 2-3 inch lift would help.

Offline doc65

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • Ogden, UT
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2012, 05:55:58 PM »
Yeah, they're similar, and they may have been called Canyon's on the ZJ, not really sure about that, but in the Jeep world which I'm pretty familiar with, if someone references Canyon's they mean the TJ style at least 99 of 100 times, anyway if you like the ZJ rims that's what mattters, I just never really did, I really like the TJ version, I have them on the black XJ(Bought cheap to fix a few things & sell but had those rims on it) and my ZJ which isn't here at the house right now, had them on the prior XJ as well, I have Ravines on the DD XJ(Green Ex-USFS jeep) because I got the Rims & tires very reasonable & almost new,  Just for more reference here are a few pics of some of the Jeep rims that are around the house here:

Offline mr.mindless

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • Rochester NY
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2012, 06:11:41 PM »
What's on the Forest Service XJ, those are sharp looking wheels.
Michael Maskalans
Codriver, Game Day Racing - Ultra4 #571
'98 Dakota - tons & 42s
'97 Ram 3500 - 13sp RoadRanger

'87 Eagle Wagon 258/auto "Saint Michael" - Daily driver status.
'84 Eagle Wagon 258/auto "Swamp Thing" - project in need of a bath
'84 Eagle Wagon 258/4sp - parts car

Prafeston

« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2012, 06:14:21 PM »
Those are the Ravines.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk