News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• June 03, 2024, 05:24:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hello from Cow Town Alberta  (Read 19660 times)

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • If a hammer won't fix it, it's probably electrical
Re: Hello from Cow Town Alberta
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2011, 12:21:05 PM »
We are working on that, the when.  It's being held here (as far as I know) but we haven't settled on the weekend yet.

Last year, it was held in late August, so it's being suggested late august again (whenever the long weekend in August is).  Here's the post on it.

http://forums.amceaglenest.com/index.php?topic=33151.0

Offline Hawk258

• Theoretical Customizer with Dilutions of engineering greatness
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • With Great horsepower comes great FUN!
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2011, 05:37:50 AM »
and full of eagles :P

Ingenuity through stupidity, Do something stupid and through Ingenuity you will find a way out of it.

1981 AMC Eagle (Currently in need of a bellhousing OR the project to iron it's self out)

1982 Subaru Brat White (Daily driver inheritence from mom ((Don't worry mom I won't break it))
other prior vehicles include:
1985 Dodge (OMNI) charger
1979 Dodge Ram Charger
1985 Dodge Diplomate
1982 Subaru wagon
1980 AMC Spirit
1982 AMC Eagle wagon (Was going to be parts car)

**Jeepgyrl13**

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2011, 11:56:34 AM »
and full of eagles :P
There are a lot of Eagles in Calgary area, in southern Alberta. I don't own one personally but my other half does. I like my J-trucks....but support his Eagles  8)[/b]

Offline El Matador

• AMC Freak
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • SubaWHO?
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2011, 12:08:58 PM »
I don't own one personally but my other half does. I like my J-trucks....but support his Eagles

I hear he just picked up another, and I wouldn't be surprised if you end up adopting it.  ;)
1973 Matador 2 door
1979 Concord 2 door
1980 Concord 4 door
1980 Eagle 2 door
1980 Eagle 2 door
1981 Eagle SX/4
1981 Eagle wagon
1982 Concord 2 door
1987 Eagle wagon

**Jeepgyrl13**

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2011, 12:12:11 PM »
I don't own one personally but my other half does. I like my J-trucks....but support his Eagles

I hear he just picked up another, and I wouldn't be surprised if you end up adopting it.  ;)

Nope sorry dean, nice try it is getting sold....we have no room he just saved it from being crushed....so who ever wants it can buy it  :P

I am afraid to sit in it :rotfl:

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • Thumbs Up 111
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2011, 12:44:15 PM »
Lemmie get this straight... he's selling that SX/4 he just got?  the blue one?  Really?

Offline El Matador

• AMC Freak
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • SubaWHO?
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2011, 12:53:01 PM »
I am afraid to sit in it :rotfl:

At least you never had to actually work on it or deal with its former owner...  ::)

Call me a sucker for punishment, but part of me wouldn't mind getting a hold of it to see if I can actually untangle the rat's nest of wiring.  The electrical system in that car is an absolute nightmare, with all of the "fluff" that's been added over the years.  :o
1973 Matador 2 door
1979 Concord 2 door
1980 Concord 4 door
1980 Eagle 2 door
1980 Eagle 2 door
1981 Eagle SX/4
1981 Eagle wagon
1982 Concord 2 door
1987 Eagle wagon

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • Thumbs Up 111
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2011, 01:22:33 PM »
 @Dean:  I don't know of anyone else who has all the parts to fix it back to original... you have several wiring harnesses that you can fix it with.  And you have the knowledge.  But, do you have the time for it?  

Someone to gut the stupid wiring issues, and fix it (you'd probably have to pull both wiring harnesses out, and just swap them with the ones you have), and other parts (steering column or holes in the dash) that were altered to take these mods...  and then pull off all those mods (the car alarm, the remote starter, the delay wipers he's had added, or anything else that's been done...)

Then someone to fix the patches on the frame and body (Even Char would laugh at the poor welds on that car), and then you'd have a good SX/4.

That car has been poorly fixed, and altered in the most 'dumb' ways, that even I was surprised.  The good thing about that car is it's drivetrain has been maintained, and there's alot of newer parts on it.  So it's a good base, but there's alot of work to be done on it.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 05:09:30 PM by Whuntmore »

**Jeepgyrl13**

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2011, 04:28:59 PM »

I don't know of anyone else who has all the parts to fix it back to original... you have several wiring harnesses that you can fix it with.  And you have the knowledge.  But, do you have the time for it?  

Someone to gut the stupid wiring issues, and fix it (you'd probably have to pull both wiring harnesses out, and just swap them with the ones you have), and other parts (steering column or holes in the dash) that were altered to take these mods...  and then pull off all those mods (the car alarm, the remote starter, the delay wipers he's had added, or anything else that's been done...)

Then someone to fix the patches on the frame and body (Even Char would laugh at the poor welds on that car), and then you'd have a good SX/4.

That car has been poorly fixed, and altered in the most 'dumb' ways, that even I was surprised.  The good thing about that car is it's drivetrain has been maintained, and there's alot of newer parts on it.  So it's a good base, but there's alot of work to be done on it.

We have no more time, between the Eagle, AMX, four Jtrucks and a jeep scrambler lets see......nope :( I like Fugly the Eagle, but that is Duanes business as for me, concentrating on getting Alice and Tank going.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 04:30:41 PM by JPgyrl13 »

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • Thumbs Up 111
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2011, 05:09:00 PM »

We have no more time, between the Eagle, AMX, four Jtrucks and a jeep scrambler lets see......nope :( I like Fugly the Eagle, but that is Duanes business as for me, concentrating on getting Alice and Tank going.

Sorry Char, I should have been specific, but that was directed at Dean.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 05:16:54 PM by Whuntmore »

**Jeepgyrl13**

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2011, 09:08:40 PM »

Sorry Char, I should have been specific, but that was directed at Dean.
No Biggy Jarrod, we just want him to go to a loving home  :huge:

Offline El Matador

• AMC Freak
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • SubaWHO?
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2011, 11:50:35 PM »
I think we all want Dean to go to a loving home. :P

Any takers?  :hyper:
1973 Matador 2 door
1979 Concord 2 door
1980 Concord 4 door
1980 Eagle 2 door
1980 Eagle 2 door
1981 Eagle SX/4
1981 Eagle wagon
1982 Concord 2 door
1987 Eagle wagon

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • Thumbs Up 111
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2011, 11:58:06 PM »
Hey, I told you you can bunk here, if you don't mind sharing a room with my mom, She's 73, and she needs a friend... ;D

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • Thumbs Up 111
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2011, 12:14:57 AM »
There ya go Dean, it's tough all around - Hey, if it wasn't for my wife, I'd be living in a van, down by the river!   :rotfl:

Offline Hawk258

• Theoretical Customizer with Dilutions of engineering greatness
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • With Great horsepower comes great FUN!
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2011, 02:56:04 AM »
:( I SOO Would, but as it is My eagle either needs a bell housing for the SR4 and a Clutch fork as the ends are really warn OR My project to start showing life... Till I know this works and is tested (Atleast on a "Scrap subframe" ) I really don't think I could take on the a second project (Though... I do have plans for that "Other 4WD" critter I have later (AND Is actually FAR less effort compared to my plans) Though... I too hope it finds a good home. maybe even someone. (And I am sure my project seems "Scary" But I don't intend to part with it either way it goes, I will drive it till I can't drive it no more. )

Ingenuity through stupidity, Do something stupid and through Ingenuity you will find a way out of it.

1981 AMC Eagle (Currently in need of a bellhousing OR the project to iron it's self out)

1982 Subaru Brat White (Daily driver inheritence from mom ((Don't worry mom I won't break it))
other prior vehicles include:
1985 Dodge (OMNI) charger
1979 Dodge Ram Charger
1985 Dodge Diplomate
1982 Subaru wagon
1980 AMC Spirit
1982 AMC Eagle wagon (Was going to be parts car)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk