News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 22, 2024, 11:52:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ginger the 83 wagon  (Read 76858 times)

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
Re: Ginger the 83 wagon
« Reply #285 on: June 14, 2011, 12:39:47 AM »
My wife got a 200+ dollar ticket driving to colo. sprigs about a month ago and a few days later I got a 190 dollar ticket coming back from longmont transporting a body for the funeral home I work at....The state patrol is on a rampage lately dude!!! But as for coming up friday and crashing here...no problem dude...always welcome. I made alot of progress on bluebird today....alternator and all that jazz is back in...ground wire is hooked back up..and its looking pretty good...I have to go down to the springs around noon for a buddys b-day thing on saturday but you can hang out as long as ya need to work on it...Im off friday at around 3:00 so we can work on her till the wee hours of the night and saturday morning too...but I really dont think its gonna need much to get it travel worthy. now that it runs we can drive it into the garage and work on it in there too that will make checking out the rear diff alot easier....look foward to seein ya this week dude!
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline doneagle

• A.M.C. EAGLES ARE EXSITEMENT
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #286 on: June 16, 2011, 02:10:38 PM »

HI       I am glad I don't live COLORADO..I would stay broke all the time.........Don
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

There are Eagles lovers and there are the uneducated and the best we can do
with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

Offline tougeagle

• Horses, rodeos, diesel trucks and AMC Eagles
  • Thumbs Up 75
  • There are many like it, but this one is mine
« Reply #287 on: June 16, 2011, 08:33:56 PM »
My wife got a 200+ dollar ticket driving to colo. sprigs about a month ago and a few days later I got a 190 dollar ticket coming back from longmont transporting a body for the funeral home I work at....The state patrol is on a rampage lately dude!!! But as for coming up friday and crashing here...no problem dude...always welcome. I made alot of progress on bluebird today....alternator and all that jazz is back in...ground wire is hooked back up..and its looking pretty good...I have to go down to the springs around noon for a buddys b-day thing on saturday but you can hang out as long as ya need to work on it...Im off friday at around 3:00 so we can work on her till the wee hours of the night and saturday morning too...but I really dont think its gonna need much to get it travel worthy. now that it runs we can drive it into the garage and work on it in there too that will make checking out the rear diff alot easier....look foward to seein ya this week dude!

I honestly can't wait to finally hear bluebird run, and maybe cruise her a bit. I'm hoping hard for some decent gas mileage but we'll just have to see. Considering the news I told you about Caroline I have high hopes for bluebird to be reliable and efficient for quite some time, perfectly stock, so I can park caroline and eventually give her the attention she needs..
Upcoming 1982 Wagon "The Silver Bullet"
Goals: 550hp/600tq 4.5L EFI Turbo Stroker, Tremec 6 speed manual
2007 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins 6 speed 600+hp/1400+tq fully deleted
1998 Honda Civic "the hoopdy"

What's your 'sona?

A dream car does not have to be beautiful in the eyes of others, it's not theirs.

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
« Reply #288 on: June 17, 2011, 01:15:48 AM »
Oh yeah....These policemen here live for giving tickets.

All my other stock eagles turned ok gas mileage. I think the worst I got was 15mpg...but the thing ran like crap. The other ones would get in the low to mid 20's hwy.  if you were gingerly on the pedal.

Offline doneagle

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #289 on: June 19, 2011, 11:21:28 PM »

HI     Shane  silver is alive to see her move on her on power is grate ...you made one old man happy..   more in Silvers thread.....Don
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
« Reply #290 on: July 01, 2011, 01:30:26 AM »
Im lookin at transmissions right now...Im keeping it automatic. Im debating weather to get the stock tf 998 rebuilt  or I was thinking too maybe a tf 999 or tf 727...anyone have any thoughts...I know the tf 999 will take some mods but not sure how much at this point.

Offline maddog

• a long haired redneck country boy
  • Thumbs Up 50
  • AMC Eagle the original crossover
« Reply #291 on: July 01, 2011, 02:22:37 AM »
the 727 will also require some mods to make it work.
1998 CHEVY S10 (DAILY DRIVER/PROJECT) INTIMIDATIN'
1980 AMC EAGLE WAGON (PROJECT) EAGLE EYES
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=30758.0
1983 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON-SURVIVOR (gone)
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=32372.0

Offline philotomy

• Northeast Kingdom, VT.Eagle
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 24
  • AMC guy 'till the day I die
« Reply #292 on: July 01, 2011, 09:46:33 AM »
I'm planning on just rebuilding mine to 999 specs (larger pump and 1 more clutch pack) don't know what else would be involved but seems easier than customizing/modifying stuff but I'm having a professional do it ,once I save up my pennies.Once I get smaller tires on there I shouldn't have to worry about burning it out ( overheating )anymore
Philotomy,(my old  D+D Hobbit character) noun,pronounced "fil oto mee",but you can call me Don
1987 Eagle station wagon 4.2 mpfi

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
« Reply #293 on: July 02, 2011, 01:31:05 AM »
I was thinking about that too...Im sure they can do stuff to these trannys to beef them up a bit...It wold be alot easier to have someone strengthen this thing on the inside rather than trying to modify it from the outside.

Offline doneagle

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #294 on: July 30, 2011, 11:04:55 AM »

Hay    Shane how did that tripe to the yard turn out haven't heard from you ..lately.....Don

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
« Reply #295 on: July 30, 2011, 09:08:10 PM »
Havent really had any time to do anything lately.....but the good news is I got a new job which will add up to more money and more time....Im kinda at a stand still with ginger cuz all the parts she needs now are the expensive ones. However next month funds should free up a bit and things will get rollin. the fist things I gotta get is a bearing kit a cam shaft, piston rings and an oil pump.....and all the gaskets of course. Then I can get the block all buttoned up and start working on the 4.0 head upgrade. Im am so ready to get this thing rollin again....My hopes are to have it on the road by next summer!!

Offline philotomy

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 24
« Reply #296 on: August 01, 2011, 08:32:09 PM »
Are you staying with the port injected route or going with throttle body?I was afraid my paperwork would turn up a few expensive bits.
Philotomy,(my old  D+D Hobbit character) noun,pronounced "fil oto mee",but you can call me Don

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
« Reply #297 on: August 02, 2011, 12:46:23 AM »
Im still doing port injection 8)....The EFI will be a mixture of new injectors,wiring, and rebuilt ECM paired up with the junk yard jeep intake manifold and  rebuilt cylinder head. Its not cheap by any means but still do-able. The write up you sent was based on a full aftermarket set up...mopar if I recall correctly , which is a very expensive upgrade indeed. Im just going off the write up substituting  junkyard and rebuilt parts in place of the new mopar ones.....It has been incredibly useful as a reference...thanks again for that Philotomy.

Offline philotomy

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 24
« Reply #298 on: August 04, 2011, 10:08:09 AM »
 ;)

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
« Reply #299 on: August 23, 2011, 10:21:23 PM »
OK...first progress in a long time. Finally ordered my jeep 4.0 cam shaft. Its a small step but atleast the ball is kinda rolling. Its amazing how frustrating it is when life happens and you are not able to give an ample amount of time to your project. Its been a long time since Ive been able to do anything to Ginger and I feel like throwing up when I look at my work bench full of engine parts, the tranny and t-case on the garage floor, and poor ginger sitting next to the motor home that hasnt moved in threee years either.....sigh :(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk